Have you seen the Target Black Friday ad?? Siiiiggghhhh.......♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Too bad we won't have any Christmas $$ for another 2 1/2 weeks. It's OK--I'll just sit and watch the sales go by and see everything I want go out of stock. No biggie!!
It's Thanksgiving break right now. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about being cooped up in the house with these two for the next five days:
Luke has discovered one of Madelyn's princess phones. He opens it up, beeps the buttons and puts it to his ear (or general area) and chatters away to Cinderella. He may or may not have decided on his first word: "Yeah". We've heard him say it a few times and then a couple days ago I said, "Are you still hungry?" and he said, "Yeeeaaah." He has been shaking his head "no" for a while when he doesn't want something. Smart little dude.
| That's quite the slouch there, bud. |
Look who helped themselves to an ice cream sandwich. He just gnawed right through the wrapper.
And then there was the Capri Sun from the trash...
| *sigh* |
He gives excellent "pom-poms"-- Madelyn's term for blowing raspberries. Luke finds any bare flesh to practice on. Cheeks, arms, bellies, at any time of day, anywhere. Apparently little boys are never too young to enjoy things that produce flatulent noises.
And I feel I should explain that he only wears pants half the time because when you change his diaper, he'll hold still long enough for you to get the dirty one off and wipe him, but then he runs off. Just getting a clean diaper back on him requires two people--much less snapping his onesie and getting his pants on. He also refuses to keep socks on. In fact, if you ever see him fully dressed, you should congratulate me.
He's lovingly dumped out the files for our student loans more times than I can count. Update: We successfully got our payment lowered! Hooray!! And the NHSC 2011 cycle opened up for applications, so we reapplied. The award money is even higher now, so fingers crossed! Lots of paperwork, though. My faaavorite.
Madelyn had a big day on Saturday.
It was her first dance performance!!
It was an informal one--just at the Talon Craft Fair at one of the local high schools.
But she did GREAT! I was trying not to cry during her whole first dance.
She was very excited about getting her hair and makeup done and putting on pretty costumes.
(Throwing her gloves over the balcony)
When I asked her how she liked performing, she said, "I loved it!" She is a natural dancer and enjoys being in the spotlight. I am one proud mama. Looking forward to her winter recital!
Well, now I get to face a dirty house and the baking of some pies. The low here tonight is -5°F. Be jealous! I can use my whole garage as an extra refrigerator/deep freeze.
~Happy Thanksgiving!~


5 comments:
She looks so grown up and beautiful! Stay warm tonight!
Fun Fun. How many costume changes did she have? That kind of surprises me, for being in a younger group, but of course I know very little about dance.
She is in two separate classes and they each did a dance number. The orange dress wasn't needed this time but since we brought it, Madelyn INSISTED on putting it on after the performance. I'm glad she at least gets to keep her costumes--we never did when I was taking ballet.
So cute . . . and BRRRRR!!!
So cute! Happy Thanksgiving. I'm in the mad crafting frenzy! Why don't I ever feel like crafting Christmas stuff in January?!?
Post a Comment