Sheesh, I must really be having an off week for this to be two days late. I have been in a drowsy stupor from my dang cough keeping me up every night. Thankfully it is nearly gone now and my brother Tyler has it instead...probably a coincidence since I don't think you can pass germs to someone who's 60 miles away.
Anyhow, Luke had an exciting month--he learned lots of new things, grew another inch and packed on another pound and a half thanks to him starting solids. He is getting even cuter, too, which I didn't think was possible.
Weight: 17 lbs. 3 oz. (that's fully clothed--but still, what a chunk!!!)
Length: 26 inches
New skills: eating solids, grabbing his toes, reaching and grabbing for toys, laughing, sitting up with support
Now he gets so excited when I put him in the high chair and bring over a bowl of "mush". He kicks his little legs the whole feeding and practically dives for the spoon. He is a much more satisfying child to feed than his sister was. Madelyn was incredibly nitpicky about baby food and would never eat more than two bites of anything. No wonder she's a bean pole.
The dear boy loves carbs just like his mother too, which I discovered when he seized a tortilla out of my hand a few weeks ago. I can buy valuable minutes to use the bathroom or eat lunch by plunking him in his highchair with a roll or a tortilla to suck on. They last longer on his tray than toys do, which he picks up, shakes, and then flings directly onto the floor.
We all adore our little butterball and are blessed to have such a happy, good baby. It's not going to be long before he's teething and crawling and throwing tantrums, so we're enjoying this golden age while it lasts...
The dear boy loves carbs just like his mother too, which I discovered when he seized a tortilla out of my hand a few weeks ago. I can buy valuable minutes to use the bathroom or eat lunch by plunking him in his highchair with a roll or a tortilla to suck on. They last longer on his tray than toys do, which he picks up, shakes, and then flings directly onto the floor.
We all adore our little butterball and are blessed to have such a happy, good baby. It's not going to be long before he's teething and crawling and throwing tantrums, so we're enjoying this golden age while it lasts...
3 comments:
Ooooooooo, I just love him so much!
And don't worry, I don't think Tyler caught your cough germs, maybe he just felt bad for you so it is a sympathy cough or something. Feel better soon!
My little Luke Love.
So super handsome!
Post a Comment