2/2/10
Something odd happened at the Grammys this year. Artists that I LIKE actually got nominated and won! Crazy, I know! I didn't watch the broadcast (I didn't realize it was on--I am kind of out of the loop TV wise), but thanks to the internet, I've caught up on all the hoopla. So here's some videos of songs/artists who raked it in. (Although, to be honest, isn't the whole "awards season" a little overkill right now? I mean, there's an awards show going on every weekend. At least musicians aren't quite as self-important as actors are. Unless you count Kanye West and P. Diddy, of course. Geez freakin' louise.)
Something odd happened at the Grammys this year. Artists that I LIKE actually got nominated and won! Crazy, I know! I didn't watch the broadcast (I didn't realize it was on--I am kind of out of the loop TV wise), but thanks to the internet, I've caught up on all the hoopla. So here's some videos of songs/artists who raked it in. (Although, to be honest, isn't the whole "awards season" a little overkill right now? I mean, there's an awards show going on every weekend. At least musicians aren't quite as self-important as actors are. Unless you count Kanye West and P. Diddy, of course. Geez freakin' louise.)
First up is ♥ Keith Urban ♥, who won Best Male Country Vocal Performance for this song "Sweet Thing" (click here for a fantastic acoustic version). Mark and I would dearly love to go to one of his shows. If you babysit, we'll bring you back a concert t-shirt that you can snuggle with at night and have sweet Australian country dreams. Woops, got a little drool on the keyboard.....
We Yoders are very proud of Taylor Swift, who has lugged home about 150 different awards these past six months. Her album Fearless won Album of the Year, which is the granddaddy of all the Grammy awards. She was nominated for eight total and brought home four. Don't you wish you were that successful when you were 20? Well, it ain't happening. It's already 8 3/4 years too late for me. Her song "White Horse"won two Grammys, but this song is a mite more cheerful.
I don't listen to Beyoncé much, but you gotta admit this song kicks some MAJOR BOOTY. She cleaned up the Grammys with six wins (three just for this song) and this was awarded Song of the Year. To be honest, I really just love the dancing in this video. I know I posted it last year, but it's worth a second go round. Even in my prime as a dancer, I don't think I could have kept up with this routine. (Huff, huff, hufff...I'm out of breath just sitting here on my keester watching her.)
And of course U2...they were nominated for Best Rock Song, Rock Performance and Rock Album. This song is the reason ( "I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight.") I posted it a couple months ago, but the pure awesomeness cannot be denied.
And speaking of, I'd like to see an improved response to last year's request for a Bono t-shirt (last year's result: zero). My birthday is in 52 days and I wear a size M. Just sayin'.
5 comments:
Ha! Beyonce...That music video cracks me up evvvveryy time, she's such a good dancer though!! I'd never seen that Taylor Swift music video before, it was so dang cute!!
I had never seen the Taylor Swift video either...she is one of my favs. Tell me more about this Bono shirt you want. I must not have seen the request last year.
I was kidding, Monica. Sort of.
Ya, that was me. Dang Mark's sneaky google account.
agreed, tell me more about what shirt you want. i'm sure i can make you one.
taylor swift's glasses are so funny! who wears glasses like that these days?
Post a Comment