Question: How can we be simultaneously be getting twice as much precipitation as usual and yet have the driest air ever?? GAAAAAAK I feel like a shriveled old prune and my throat is sooo dry.
But I digress.
My mom wanted my apple crisp recipe. Really, you can use any type of fruit (canned pie filling, actually). It's delicious and so easy I'm going to go ahead and call it EZ. I made it last night with Wilderness Berry Medley (strawberry+raspberry+blueberry) pie filling. YUM you need to try it. It's limited edition, so I couldn't find a picture of it.
You get the idea, though. Use whatever pie filling suits your fancy.
EZ Fruit Crispadapted from Rachel's apple crisp recipe
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 (22 oz.) can pie filling of your choice
Preheat oven to 400* F.
Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Stir in melted butter, making sure all dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour pie filing into 8x8 baking dish and top with crumbled oat mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
For some crazy reason my children feel that I spend more time blogging than I do taking care of them, so I guess I'd better go feed Luke and stop Madelyn from flooding the kitchen as she "washes the dishes"... Let me know how your crisp turns out.
1 comment:
Thanks! I will look for the pie filling soon.
Post a Comment