Sunday, January 10, 2010

A letter

1/10/10

Darling Children,

What's say the next time you get sick, let's not have it happen on a holiday (hem hem, LUKE) or on a Sunday morning at 3:30am (MADELYN), so that we can actually get proper care for you and not spend half the night crying and moaning and carrying on and all trying to scrunch into the same bed. 'Mmkay?

Be thankful your dad is a pediatric PA and can take you to the clinic when it's closed, call up his friend Scott (the D.O.) for prescriptions, and swipe free samples of antibiotic ear drops at 6:00am. Yup, you're lucky for that. Now go take a nap before I go berserk.

Sincerely,
Mom

(Madelyn apparently ruptured her eardrum last night. She was just getting over the residual effects of the RSV she caught from Luke. Long night, loooong couple of weeks.)

YAWN........

9 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

Oh man I hope you catch a break, you deserve it! Thanks for the Christmas Card, your family is so beautiful! We really need to get back into the Christmas Card thing, it has been a few years.... oh well, maybe next year.

Carolina mama said...

Ouch!

Michelle said...

Sick kids are SO not fun! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Katie said...

Hope they get feeling better soon!!

the heiner family said...

Ugh! Kids are never convenient! And I did not know Bret gave Mark's mom a flu shot...we need to plan a visit! Next time you are headed down this way, let me know...we have an awesome park right by my house or we can grab lunch or shop or whatever!

Jen said...

May the Lord Bless you with a Nap very soon.

Rachelle said...

Ruptured eardrum?? OUCH! Hope everyone gets better QUICKLY and stays that way!

Ulrich's said...

Ruptured ear drums are the worse! I ruptured mine a couple months ago and it was the worst pain, and then so annoying. You can't hear anything out of the ruptured ear and it's all an echo when you can hear! Yuck! I'm sorry:(

Chelsea said...

You're so lucky to have your hubby that can take care of things like that! I'm so sorry though, it doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope everyone feels better soon!!!!