7/19/09(Sometimes I wonder how I'd ever have anything to blog about without Madelyn around...)
My daughter has many gifts--among them is that she has a flair for painting, which she spent a couple hours doing yesterday while I sorted through a gazillion boxes of her toys. Thanks to my nesting instinct, there's not a single item in this house that is safe from such sorting (i.e. "may or may not be thrown ruthlessly into the garbage or D.I. pile"). Anyway, second only to her painting talent is her knack for unwittingly getting said paint all over the table, walls, chairs, floor, all the way up to her armpits, inside her ears and up her nose.
The mark of a true artist is their disregard for the mess they make in the process of their creativity. At least that's what I'm telling myself because I'm nearly as messy as she is when I'm crafting. And because I'm about to embark upon several crafty projects at once. No need to roll your eyes, Mark--it's for the BABY, who is 50% your doings, need I remind you.
5 comments:
Can't wait to see your crafts for the little guy :)
Art is a mode of self-expression. This means she just has a vibrant, beautiful, and colorful personality.
She is quite the artist!!! Too funny!!!! Definitely shows personality!!!
You should print out the compilation of her paintings that you posted at the top and frame it nice and big. It's pretty cool and I bet she'd be so proud of it!
50% ? Come on, let's be realistic here! And the haircut is super cute!
Post a Comment