Monday, July 27, 2009

Wow, she does take after me a little!

7/27/09

She may not look like me (she might as well have been christened "Mini-Mark")...

...but the girl LOVES to dance! She is so naturally talented but has never had lessons, other than just watching me and copying a little ballet video we have for kids. She made me get out my pointe shoes the other day and put them on. Ow. Let's just say that taking 2 1/2 years off has not been kind to my body.

Anyway, yesterday in church she took it upon herself to get up in front of the Primary and put on a little performance for everybody. It was rather disruptive so they asked her to stop, and of course she dissolved into tears--she hates getting reprimanded. But we had at least a half dozen people come up to Mark and I afterward to say what a beautiful dancer she was. (♥♥♥ Heart swelling with pride ♥♥♥) I can't wait until we have enough money to send her to ballet class. If I weren't so clumsy and big right now, I'd teach her myself.

P.S. Thanks for all the positive comments on Madelyn's haircut--I am no longer fearing that I totally butchered it. I was just a little alarmed with the results the night that I cut it and had to go back and reshape everything the next day (the results being what you saw in my post). She really does look cute and spunky with her short new 'do.

2 comments:

Megan said...

She does have natural talent! This is what she says to me every time I see her:
"MEG! Watch me dance!"
And then she goes up one her toes and spins around. She also points her feet very well.

Carolina mama said...

Yes, she has perfect feet, perfect body, and a perfectly graceful mom.