Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Formula for summer

7/15/09


Hot sunny day + Madelyn + water + 40 bath toys = happy girl

Swimming pool - water + dirt back yard = mud

Mud + Madelyn = too tempting to resist

Tired mom + Madelyn wanting to make mud castles = GROAN

Daddy comes home + hose to rinse off child (who has at least kept mud off darling new swimsuit from Old Navy and only has it on skin and hair) = mom goes inside to get some Tylenol and Golden Grahams for dinner before collapsing

Repeat tomorrow, the next day, the day after that, etc. except now Madelyn wants a bigger swimming pool

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, once again, your kid cracks me up. But i also must say that i L-O-V-E her bathing suit. There are so many little girls out there who's parents buy them these tiny string things and call it cute. . . um, no. Anywho, that's my rant.

Jen said...

You and I have a brain wave, because I have been seriously contemplating a mathematical post.

Me + no sleep = serious witch in the house by afternoon. And such.

Good, now I don't have to post it.

I second the adoring of her suit.

Carolina mama said...

The three of us ate four cherry turnovers for dinner. One of us ate more than one and this time it wasn't me. We'll have to try Tylenol and Golden Grahams next time I don't want to cook.