Monday, December 8, 2008

Momentous!


12-8-08

We've had some exciting things happen.

#1 We were at the library and Madelyn grabbed a pencil and piece of paper and drew her first ever family picture. Neither Mark nor I have ever seen her draw anything other than scribbles before, so we were very excited about her new found skill of drawing people. Of course it had to be blogged.

"That's daddy, mama and Madelyn"

#2 Yesterday after church, I was cleaning up and getting ready to leave nursery when Bro. Goodwin from the bishopbric came in... "I understand you've got a busy time ahead of you," he began (moving in 9 days--yes I'm busy) "...so we'd like to go ahead and release you from your calling as nursery leader, effective now." I burst into tears. Not because I was sad, but because I never thought that I was ever going to hear those beautiful words. I nearly gave the man a hug. He even started crying. " You have no idea..." I choked. Mark said he'd never seen me cry tears of joy before. Well there you go. All it took was to release me from nursery. After 2 1/2 years, I can say that I will miss the kids, but I will not miss having to watch them every Sunday. Not in the least. (Breaking up fights, wiping snotty noses, dealing with the naughty ones, the loud ones, the clingy ones, being outnumbered 14:1 by small tyrants; having my shoes peed on...) Bye-bye!!!!!

And now for the cute pictures of the week: Madelyn posing with her favorite accessory--a "green juice".

7 comments:

The Mursets said...

I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! You have been in Nursery since Mdelyn turned 18 months! Good luck with packing - we can't wait to see you!

Katie said...

That was very nice of them to release you and allow you to focus on the move.
Good luck with everything!!

Liz said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I am feeling the relief for you! ENJOY church next Sunday!!! Madelyn's picture is very good. I am impressed. It is so fun to watch them learn new skills. I also like Madelyn's hat and mittens in the Pictures, very cute!

Kevin M. said...

So you'll have one Sunday to get your wits about you before moving back to Youtaaah. Fair enough. You'll miss our party, but I'm sure we'll find the time to invite you over once you're all settled in and everything.

Tiptoe Dancer said...

I thought you were going to say that she won the Gap contest! I guess not. That is so cute how she drew the picture! I'm glad you blogged it.

Rob N Amy said...

She looks soooo cute in that hat. I love it. That really scares me to be called into the nurshry. yikes! It will probably happen to me. Yuck.

Rachel said...

TWO AND A HALF YEARS??!! You have got to be kidding me, I would have burst into joyous tears, too!! Congratulations, Melissa!! (And Madelyn's picture is clearly a sign of genius!)