11/2/08I've been wanting to do a post about this, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Politics can be so divisive, and I don't want to be obnoxious. Mark and I are Independents more than anything (centrist, non-partisan), but this year we voted a Democratic ticket. We have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past, so what I want to say is that there are good people and ideas in every party. How about we stop bashing each other and go out and vote on Tuesday and be done with it? 'Kay? Does that sound like a good idea? I'm tired of people acting scandalized because I'm from Utah, a Mormon, and voted for the Democrats. They act like I've crossed over to the dark side or something.
...But just so you know, those cookies do taste pretty good.
5 comments:
You did what??? This election has lasted forever. I can't wait until its over...except for the inevitable result.
Tyler
When I lived in NM, the politicians who had the soundest political ideas to me were democrats, so that is how I registered and voted. You can be a good Mormon and a democrat.
Oh, Republican/Democrat. They both are scary candidates from what I have heard. As long as you study the issues and people who are running, I don't really think it matters. In fact, I don't think there should be political parties. But I really hate politics so I will stop right now.
I'd better go, Hattie is ripping up a magazine that is suppose to be sold on ebay.
Yes, they do taste good don't they! We shouldn know the result by this time tomorrow. Let's hope it's good!
I've voted for Matheson twice now, so I hear you. I also voted for a Dem in the county election because I liked his energy policy. You go girl.
Post a Comment