Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't look now, mom

11/11/08

Sigh. It's time for ANOTHER round of "Madelyn mischief". I want her to be able to look back on her formative years and realize what a rascal--I mean what a charming child she was. Actually, she probably wouldn't make so many messes if it weren't necessary for me to leave her unattended occasionally. Like for when I need to do housework, work on my many projects, eat, shower, or in today's case, watch about 17 blink-182 music videos in a row.

( I was reliving my high school days and escaping in their juvenile humor, OK?? Besides, Tom and his whiny voice are frickin' awesome.)

Anyhoo, let's get on with the tour of Miss Madelyn's latest escapades:

What's left of a sugar cookie

Admiring the effects of eating pink sugar sprinkles

Sadly, this is not the first (nor the last, probably) time she has dumped out most of a bottle of baby powder and covered herself and the floor in it ("It's snowing!") and hand sanitizer. And adding to the charm is the fact that she is in various states of undress almost every time when she sets out to make her surprises for mama.

She is very fond of butter. Yesterday she wanted to have some as a snack. (Not on anything--just plain. You can see that she'd already eaten the cream cheese off her bagel. This girl is a sucker for sour cream straight out of the container, too.) I wouldn't let her, so today as I was busy with my punk-rock fest, she helped herself.

"Yum! Saturated fat in all it's creamy goodness! I don't need to worry about my triglyceride levels! I'm only 3! And look how cool it is when I wipe my greasy fingers all over the TV screen."

Then there was the painting (only shortly after the butter incident). There is a piece of paper somewhere under there. I am counting my blessings because at least she agreed to wear a smock.

And last but not least, tonight after being cleaned up from the butter and the paint, she was fooling around with a bottle of Dr. Pepper so much so that when I opened the lid: FWOOSHH!!! all over the kitchen. You know--it's a good thing that I love her so much--otherwise I'd be looking for a trade-in.

9 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

What an active girl you have there! She will love looking at these pictures when she's a teenager!

I used to love to listen to Blink too. Those were the good days!

Mike starts work next September. He'll graduate in May. With accounting it is basically the norm to have a job set up before graduation.

Kevin M. said...

Impressive.

I'm scared.

Rob N Amy said...

EWwww butter. My little sister used to eat butter like that. It's so strange.

Unknown said...

You must like cleaning up messes.

Rachel said...

Ummm, wow, Melissa! I think my kids like to get into mischief, but I'm going to bookmark this post to remind myself that their escapades are usually relatively mild. That just is exhausting. (Not that we haven't had many messes just like these--just usually not all in the same day, week, or even month!) Take comfort in the fact that she's probably extremely gifted, that's why she's so curious and experimental! :)

Jen said...

I'll bet her room smells awesome like a new born baby's bottom. Grace's smells like the candle we accidentally left burning overnight a month or so ago.

things we love... said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!! She is always up to something, isn't she? That is sooooo funny! Good Luck! P.S. Beau is correcting my grammar, funny huh!!! Still laughing at Maddie!!!!

Katie said...

gotta love it.

n & t said...

Madelyn sure seems like a happy child, and a very busy little girl. I love how she looks so serious in the painting picture, she is so cute!

The natural history museum is on my top list to visit, so I hope we can actually make it to it:)