My friend Chelsea from My Joy and Happiness has just awarded me this:

AWESOME!!!!!!! I'm the best! Bwa-hahahahahahaa! You all have to worship me now.
Kidding, only kidding. I don't need any one else to worship me. Mark and Madelyn more than suffice. It's a lot of work to earn even two people's slavish devotion. Now onto the rest (If I nominate you, then you're supposed to do the following tag of 6 things you do and don't value):
I value...
Something new to learn: Staying curious is the best way to keep life interesting
Something to do: If I don't have a creative project in the works, there must be something wrong. And I'm always trying to do at least three things at once (...eating, blogging, listening to music, trying to detach daughter from lap, thinking I should probably get off the computer and actually clean the house today...OK that's five things I'm doing now.).
Someone to love and care for: Friends, family, Jesus--all you people
Good music: If I haven't made this obvious yet, then just let me state again how much I love classical, rock n' roll, country, oldies and alternative music. Ever need motivation to clean your house or do your ironing, etc.? Jam out to some music. And then go buy your husband some wrinkle-free shirts because ironing is the pits no matter what you're listening to.
Dance: I haven't been able to do it since being in ABQ (no $$), but I would be a totally different person if it weren't for the other 18 years that I've spent in the studio.
The internet: Because it has been the best way to keep in touch. Nobody ever seemed to write me back when I'd send them all these wonderful handwritten letters, but all of a sudden everyone has blogs and/or is on Facebook sharing the minutiae of their everyday lives. Oh, and did I mention how I love online shopping?!
I don't value/support...
Pollutors: Even before I studied biology and ecology, I thought we should all do our part to take care of Mother Earth. Recycle at the very least!! (Unless you're in southern Utah, where there is NO RECYCLING CENTER. WHAT IS THE DEAL??????)
Freedom oppressors: It makes me mad how in some countries, women or minorities don't even have the opportunity to go to school to better their lives because someone else says they can't.
Social strata: I'm a firm believer that you should be able to do what you like with your life, regardless of the circumstances of your birth and upbringing--and who cares what label you're wearing.
Solicitors: I'm one of those people who won't even answer the door or phone if I know it's a sales pitch.
High postage rates: Is it just me, or has the price of stamps been going up every single year lately? It's going to cost me a fortune just to mail my Christmas cards this year. Sheesh.
Those pesky price tags: You know those paper ones that are super-glued onto the surface of everything, causing you to spend 20 minutes trying to scrape them off so you can wrap the dang items so you can cross "Christmas present shopping/purchasing/wrapping 2008" off your list and finally go to bed? Yeah, I'll bet you hate them too.
I nominate: (with one extra because I couldn't decide)
Rowena's Rants
The Bartons
The Mursets
Life in the Peanutbutter Lane
Rob N' Amy Shupe
Another Beautiful day in Blingy-ville
Tall People Rock
4 comments:
There is now a recycling program here! There are bins in three different locations in Hurricane were you can recycle you paper, plastic, metal, and I can't remember the other thing. Anyway, I'm trying to do better at recycling. Since I've started, I can not believe how much STUFF we through away that is recyclable! It's amazing.
Thanks for the nomination. And thanks for sticking up for me on the moving to a place that actually has crime. We were feeling a little down and then your comment just made us happy again.
Hey! I keep forgetting to give you our address. Will you email me and I'll send it to you through email. Rob doesn't have it, he says. My email is chelstep28 at yahoo
I need your addy too!
thank you thank you THANK YOU for NOT nominating me! You're such a good friend. And I mean it, you know how much i don't like being tagged and you didn't tag me! Thank you! See you tomorrow.
Post a Comment