Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ode to Spring







Thank heavens it's finally spring. The winter always makes me a little crabby. The other day it was 70 degrees out and Madelyn and I spent about 3 hours at the park with our friends. It was so nice!! Now we're starting to work on our yard and putting new flowers in. Since we got home from church today, Madelyn has been playing in the backyard. I LOVE our back yard! It is so grassy and shady and she can roam around there safely (the problem is getting her to come inside). So I took some photos of her having fun, still in her dress. She really takes after her dad in that she loves to be outside.

That birdbath is such a Madelyn-magnet.
Luckily, we never see any birds actually using it.


So, I have a question: what is the deal with the face-eating style of sunglasses that is popular right now? Since my sunglasses were stolen along with my CD's the other day, I spent half my afternoon at Target yesterday and simply could not find a pair that didn't make me look like Bono as "The Fly", circa 1991. (coincidentally, "Achtung Baby" was my only U2 album as that was not stolen...) I know I'm probably just not fashion conscious, but I really think my face is too small to compete with those goggle sized lenses. Bono, yes, me, no. http://search.music.yahoo.com/search/?m=all&p=The+Fly

(This is a pretty good techno song of theirs, if you want to check out the video)

7 comments:

Hayden and Kelly said...

I know how you feel. I think about ST George and although we LOVED living there, I am SO GLAD Hayden went onto PA school and is going to have a GREAT career ahead of him instead of working nights in a lab processing blood :(. I am SO happy for you and Mark and Mad. She is beautiful and has gotten SO BIG! Wow!!
Rotations go by much quicker than class learning. I think because they are always changing and in new environments so it feels like there is more progress being made. Before you know it, you will be addressing graduation announcements! WOO WOO! Hayden's graduation is the end of May although he technically isn't done until August. It was making me all teary.
Hope you guys will come down and visit when you are back in Utah and let Mad ride on the tractor and such. Plus, Mel will live 5 minutes from me so you will have lots of people to visit! :)

The Mursets said...

I am glad you are warming up over there. We had to use our A/C a few days last week (when it got up to 92! YIKES!) Hopefully our spring will last a little bit longer. I love the picture of Madelyn inside her sandbox!

Natalie said...

You are soooo lucky to have such a beautiful backyard! We have fire ants galore and our grass isn't the nice lush kind you can run around barefoot on...it's really poky and rough. So, basically, we have a backyard that isn't good for much of anything. :( I'm coming to play at your house! Madelyn is growing up soooo fast, I can't believe it! She's absolutely beautiful!!!

The Yoder's Five said...

Natalie,
Please do come play at our house! (you know, next time you're in ABQ...).Last year, that back yard was nothing but dirt. We put a lot of hard work into making it the way it is now. We will really miss having that space for Madelyn to play in when we move. And those huge shade trees! Sigh!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

For once I can't complain about fashion...I love the huge sunglasses and I am also glad that wide legged pants are back in style...i have been stocking up on them whenever they're on clearance for the next time they're not "in". I'm afraid my legs only look good in that style...

Sorry those sunglasses don't fit your face. I think they're kind of nice for the southwest.

It was so much fun to spend time at the park with you the other day!

Kevin M. said...

I think you should stop worrying about your sunglasses and help your poor child escape from the great slimy gaping maw of a frog that has her trapped! She's probably reaching out to dial 911 on a nearby cell phone because her mom is taking a picture instead of helping.

Sorry I'm no help on the fashion end of things. I tend to shy away from trends and other social nuances.

The Yoder's Five said...

Kevin,
I thought you would like the frog picture. I tried to write a similar caption about it, but I am having formatting issues. She loves to crawl in there and put the lid on.

"Gaping maw: The mouth, stomach, or throat of a voracious carnivore." I am always impressed with your grasp of vocabulary.