Friday, April 11, 2008

One excited kid

Madelyn gets excited about everything. Day before yesterday, it rained like crazy, and so of course she had to get on her hot pink galoshes and her polka dot umbrella and go outside. I used to think rain was the coolest thing ever when I was growing up, too. It only rains once a month or so where I'm from. It was pretty cold out there the other day, but Madelyn had a great time.




My mom is in town right now, so she and my Grandma Nora came over today and we went to the Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanical Gardens.


(She was really blown away by the moon jellies)

We were walking around the gardens when she spotted these two ducks. She started chasing after them, wanting to get a closer look, and they just quacked and waddled as fast as they could away from her until they finally flew off to the safety of their pond. She looked at me and my mom with a very concerned look and said "They're gwon" (She says that with a Boston accent.) It was so hilarious.



















Later on today, me, my mom and Grandma Nora went to go see Noelia Peterson, my two-week-old first cousin once removed (?). She is darling! Good job, Jason and Jessica!! She was born on the same day as my niece Hattie. They are both the cutest things you've ever seen.

3 comments:

things we love... said...

Melissa, I am so excited that you have a blog, we also have one, ours is beaumellaila.blogspot.com. I am so glad to get a email and have your blog because laila has had maddies birthday gift since well dec. and I can't find your address and I have 2 different email addresses for you so can we please get your address and then lai can send maddie her gift. Maddie is sooo cute, isn't it crazy how quickly they grow. We miss you and are glad to see you!! Love mel

The Mursets said...

Nice post Meliss.

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i so miss the rain...i was so excited that there was moisture the other day! i wish it would do it more often here!