I got a nasty surprise today when I got into my car. Someone had come in and stolen all of my CD's and sunglasses! I live in (what I thought was) a safe neighborhood, and having grown up in a place where no one locks their cars, I guess I just never thought that would happen to me. When I'm out around Albuquerque, I usually do lock up. I drive an ancient Oldsmobile which has no real alluring qualities on its own and it is a royal pain to have to rummage for the special key for the car door and then manually unlock all the doors from the inside, whilst holding a squirming 3-year-old, but I guess I'll be doing it from now on.
I am just bummed that I lost most of my collection that I've been building these last 10 years (40-50 CD's at least), and it's going to take a looong time to replace them all. Sniff! U2! Beatles! Tchaikovsky! How will I do without you??
On another note, here are some cute pictures of Madelyn, who demanded to put on her Snow White costume that she wore last Halloween but is still huge on her:


Note the matching high heels:
She even has a high-pitched voice like the Snow White on the movie, although not quite as warble-y. But she's absolutely no help around the house, chore or cooking-wise. In fact, in that respect, she's more like a dwarf. We can call her "Bossy". Or maybe "Buzzy", because most of the time it's like she's got a caffeine buzz. You've seriously never met a more energetic child, especially when it's like, 10:00 and you're trying to get ready for bed. Speaking of...yawn!
Good night.
4 comments:
Sorry about your CD's. That's a major bummer! I don't know how you will make it without the Beatles either. Madelyn looks so cute in her dress though. I don't remember Snow White wearing a tiara, but it looks great!
Lori
I didn't know thieves had such exquisite taste in music...
This gives you a reason to broaden your musical horizons a little. I have 500 tracks of piano music here. That would be a good start.
-Kevin
I'm sorry about your CD's AND your sunglasses. I can't drive anywhere without out mine, unless it's night time. And yes, they all look like 1980's frames.
oh man, that stinks about your CD's and sunglasses! And amen to the ridiculous giganto sunglasses. Some day the fad will be over and other moms' kids will laugh at their pictures with their sily sunglasses...but we'll still be cool! ;)
Post a Comment