Saturday, April 26, 2008

Nougatocity

"Nougatocity /nu-gat-a-si-tE/(noun). A heightened yet fleeting state of accomplishment that makes you realize how unbelievably unmotivated you normally are."

I found that definition inside of my Snickers wrapper today. I think I experienced that this week when I realized that I had planted my flowerbed, patched a hole in the wall, balanced my checkbooks, ran umpteen errands, done about 12 loads of laundry, took Madelyn to the doctor, and have also cleaned vomit off my sheets, runny poo off the carpet, couch and everyone's clothes, cut Mark's hair, and also managed to sit down to watch 3 hours of U2 concerts on DVD. It's not every week you get to do all that.

Oh, yeah. And I did my visiting teaching, hosted a playdate, and wrangled 13 kids in nursery
. I think next week, I'll kick back and do nothing. (ooh, except that I have to call my insurance company to dispute a claim, turn in financial aid paperwork, do a pile of mending, go to the post office, and feed the missionaries. And we're expecting 3 more new nursery kids. So never mind...)


I found Madelyn absorbed in looking at the latest National Geographic issue on China the other day. Her great-grandpa Choy emigrated from China to San Fransisco. She was just reading up on her heritage, I guess. I love that she is interested in magazines like that. She is a girl after my own heart.

Now, I have about 6 more hours of U2 to watch, so I'd best be going.

5 comments:

Kevin M. said...

I like when I have that many things to do. It makes the week go by much faster.

Tomorrow I have to finalize a $300,000 shade order and hope I don't make any mistakes.

Carolina mama said...

You've just motivated me to buy Snickers bars more often. I'm sorry that Madelyn has been sick and that you are getting more kids to wrangle in the nursery. Hopefully you will get more help in there.

Chris said...

ugh ... I need to take a nap!

Summer Wilson said...

I'm glad someone else has as busy of life as me. Also happy to hear about your nursery. We have around 20 kids and no real leaders. 12 of those kids are under the age of 2 and boys. Luckily I'm only in the primary presidency so only somewhat responsible for the way things run in nursery.

Natalie said...

hahahah! Woah, Nelly! Slow down there girl! And I didn't know you were the nursery leader! Oh my gosh, bless your big heart!!! I would DIE! Hope you enjoyed your concert! :)