Luke and Madelyn had a nasty cold for a week, and just as they were getting better, Mark and Isabelle caught it. So I have been on nurse duty 24/7 for a while. Also, my kids are computer hogs. And Mark was home for 9 days in a row. I can't get anything done when everyone is home.
Anyhoo....
Mark has done a lot of picture taking in his time off recently. He went up to Yankee Meadows with our brother in law Shay to go fishing.
They got up there too late in the day to get any fish bites, but still had a good time. Then, a huge gust of wind caught Mark's nice DSLR camera his brother James gave him and KERPLUNK it went into the lake...
He was terrified that it ruined the camera. This is what the first few pictures looked like, post-dunking.
But amazingly, it dried out and worked just fine. Phew!
He's been experimenting with night shots. Here's the big dipper. The camera can hook up to a telescope, and we have two of them. I need to get him to take some moon pictures with it.
He had the entire week off last week (because we were supposed to be going to a family reunion in Colorado but couldn't afford it) so he took the older two kids camping at Cedar Breaks National Monument. It's about an hour's drive from our house.
Since I wasn't there, I'll just have to let the pictures speak for themselves. They went hiking, rock collecting, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and had a great time. They heard a lot of coyotes at night and didn't sleep very well. But they came home in one piece. And oh, how they stank.
This is the same spot where we watched the solar eclipse a couple of years ago.
♥♥♥
Natural arch
Hoodoos
They found a lava field and collected some of rocks to take home. Except that they forgot to actually put them in the car and so Madelyn cried the whole way home.
*frolic*
Madelyn took these next few pictures:
We uploaded these last two onto National Geographic Kids My Shot. She calls them "Sunny Day in the Meadow" and "Campfire Woods".
They became Junior Rangers! Madelyn's been wearing her badge everywhere and wants me to make her a sash for her patch, a'la Girl Scouts.
I'm glad to have a husband who will take the kids to do fun summer stuff while allowing me to stay home and watch 4-hour Jane Austen movies. It's a win-win situation.
2 comments:
Well Madelyn is a good little photographer, just like her photographer mother is. That's cool that she and Luke became Junior Rangers!
Beautiful photos.
Looks like they had a lot of fun. I don't think I would have gotten out of bed the whole time, eccept to go to the bathroom and to grab snacks to accompany the movies. Oh, and to throw away diapers...
Post a Comment