Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Another week in which Mark finishes a project and I do not

I feel like I have been spinning my wheels lately. Sewing stuff has been all over my kitchen table for two months--projects piling up everywhere--and I can't get anything done. By the time I'm done dealing with THIS

(These were all clean and neatly folded in a basket....)

and homework and housework and cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. I am too tired to face anything else. And I know for a fact that in two months from now all that stuff will be exponentially harder with the new baby, so all the more reason for me to try and get stuff done now!!

Oh, well.

Meanwhile, Mark has been also very busy but managed to get a big project done that he's been wanting to do for a couple of years now: to get power to his shed.

The logistics had always been too tricky when he'd researched how to do it before, but then our friend Alex Chamberlain bragged on facebook recently that he'd just gotten power out to his shed and Mark was determined to figure it out this time.

 I'm not even sure exactly what he did, but it involved cutting a hole into the side of our house. I kept going out and saying..."Are you SURE you know what you're doing?!??" He was very careful to take all the precautions he was supposed to, and installed circuit breakers everywhere, but still I guess I was a little dubious. There's no stopping Mark when he's decided to do something, though.

  
 He is excited to have this outdoor outlet close to our lawn now, because we have an electric lawnmower and he always had to use two giant extension cords to be able to reach the nearest outlet inside the house.

It worked! He now has overhead lights for his "workshop", and plenty of outlets for his fan, his big shop vac, and his power tools. As Alex so rightly said, this is "nerdvana".

 The shed needs a lot of tidying up, so that's the best picture I have for now. But Mark is one happy camper! I'm sure he'll be out there tinkering around all the time now.

Now it's back to the old grind for me....today I went visiting teaching, and have to go to Madelyn's science fair, and then clean the house so the home teachers can come over here while I go to a RS presidency meeting (and my visiting teachers are coming in the morning) and OH it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow so I have to bake myself a cake. 

My last day of being 32! Who knew it would be so.... full of.... stuff! Being an adult is overrated.

4 comments:

Carolina mama said...

Your current nine month long project will be complete in just a few weeks, after which you will embark on yet another glorious, concurrent eighteen year long project. I applaud you. I love you.

Summer said...

Your mom is right, your most important project is currently cooking inside of you. Nothing else really matters. Happy Birthday tomorrow. Somedays I feel like 33 is so young, and other days......33 is so OLD! :)

Rachelle said...

Oh, but being an adult means you can eat ice cream any old time you want! I hope you'll indulge in some. Happy early birthday :)

Jen said...

Sorry for my husband's bright idea. Alex has made me go admire his clean shop over and over again. I am just happy that it took him so long to get it all nice and tidy that now he is very careful to clean up each mess he makes.