Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sleepy Luke, and CPNL

Luke likes to watch people come and go from his window from his new bed. Tiger (the cat) does, too. He spends the night sitting there, staring out the window. He used to do it in Madelyn's room but usually ended up on her pillow, clawing and biting her hair, so we don't let him in there now.

And now for a bunch of random pics of him napping with Luke:

 Tiger: "A crevice in the couch?? I must shove my head into it!"


 LOL

I'm glad to know that even though Luke pesters Tiger all the time, he still appreciates him as a warm body. Luke has taken up the alter ego of "Fluffy" and meows at you and acts like a cat and will get upset unless you cooperate and go along with it.

And then there was this, on Wednesday night after his bath...
 
Reading Green Eggs and Ham--Happy birthday Dr. Seuss!

Reading some BOB books to his teddy bear before bed

The other night, he grabbed a pile of alphabet stickers we got for Madelyn's science fair board and he said, "Mama, let's play a matching game" but since you can't play a matching game with things that don't match, I didn't win. (He is preoccupied with winning, and coming in first--except he says, "I'm one-th! You're two-th!" Instead of first and second.)

Anyway, he says to me, "I'm win, you're fail."
Another quote for posterity! Thanks!

Poor thing has bronchiolitis again. He got a cold from his friend in preschool this week and of course it's gone to his lungs. We had a very rough night last night, no one got any sleep. But now he asks for his "machine" (nebulizer) to help him breathe. Thank goodness for modern medicine.

Oh, and see that pile in the background?

Last night around 10:30 or 11:00 pm, I suddenly decided that I needed to go through ALL TWELVE YEARS of papers that had been accumulating in our file folders. We have two big drawers of them and they had gotten so full that it was next to impossible to shove any more papers in. So this is my shred pile.

This is just the latest in my Crazy Pregnant Nesting Lady (CPNL) phase. In the past two months, I've gone through 30 bins of clothes and toys, both kids' closets, two scary junk drawers, my entire pantry got an overhaul, as did my cookbooks and spice racks.....my sock drawer....my jewelry drawer.....went through all 94 bottles of nail polish I had shoved in there and threw out half of them.....AND my lotion drawer AND my body spray drawer.....(what--do you not have whole drawers dedicated to Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret Garden smelly products??) plus I have been stocking up on toiletries and trying to get Easter taken care of two months in advance.

The only thing I can think of left to sort through is my wrapping paper stash and pajama drawer. Then maybe I can focus on getting things done that are actually important, like finishing my sewing and mending and finally putting away the dang laundry and getting ready for the baby. But at least when she finally comes, my file cabinet will be immaculate.

4 comments:

Carolina mama said...

Luke is such a smart and adorable boy and creative sleeper. I love him.

Jen said...

Wow, I wish I had your nesting bug. Mine is here, but much tamer than I would wish. I have a touch of anemia, so I think I am too tired to give in to the bug like I should.

Love the cat + Luke pics.

Heather Wells said...

Those sleeping pictures are so funny. Love the one with him at the computer. And please come and be CPNL at my house! You would never be bored :)

Rachelle said...

I don't have drawers dedicated just to B*BW or VCSG scents, but I have enough of both products kicking around in various places (in the linen closet, under our bathroom sinks, in my makeup/perfume drawer) that I *should* have a couple of drawers for all my stuff!