I've been super busy lately and didn't get around to making this till late last night. It's a little on the sloppy side but oh, well. Jaycee was thrilled and her friends were jealous, so that's all that matters.
Speaking of the 11th Doctor, Matt Smith has left the show and regenerated a month ago ON CHRISTMAS. (Darn you, BBC!!). I cried, although it wasn't nearly as devastating as when David Tennant regenerated in his last episode. In fact, I still don't think I'm over that.
But Matt did what I (and several million other people) never thought he could do. He was able to take over the show from the most popular Doctor in history and be amazing and brilliant and I ended up loving him just as well as I did David.
Stephen Moffat, the show's writer, described Matt as, "lovely--he's a magnificent, brand new, hilarious, heartbreaking, heroic Doctor" and I think that sums him up perfectly.
Amy and Rory
I wasn't a huge fan of his main companion Amy Pond (I thought "The Amy Pond Show" was pretty much what she turned it into) but I loved Rory, LOVED River Song and Clara.
I wasn't a huge fan of his main companion Amy Pond (I thought "The Amy Pond Show" was pretty much what she turned it into) but I loved Rory, LOVED River Song and Clara.
(PS. That pirate would be Hugh Boneville, a.k.a. Lord Grantham from Downton Abbey)
Matt's on Broadway now doing American Psycho the musical (quite the departure) and I wish him all the best, even though I wish he'd stuck around DW for another year or two. He's largely responsible for the popularity the show has had in the United States and this new generation of fans. Thank you Matt!!! ♥♥♥
PS. I hit 1,000 followers for my I ♥♥ Doctor Who Pinterest board a couple of weeks ago. (It's up to 1,076 today.) YAY FOR FUN TIME WASTERS!!! It keeps me sane and brings me happiness, so there.











2 comments:
I cried so much more in "The Name of the Doctor" than I did in "The Time of the Doctor". That "Good-bye . . . Sweetie" still kills me - almost as much as the 10th Doctor's last episode. At least now we have Sherlock to help ease the gaping hole that Matt's departure has left in our hearts . . .
Anything with River Song and 11 is an automatic favorite. Her part in The Name of the Doctor was so touching, and their relationship was the best part of Matt's entire run on the show. Even though I love Rose and 10, the fact that they held so much back was frustrating to me.
Post a Comment