Today was my best friend Jaki's stepdaughter Jacey's farewell. She is leaving on a mission this week to Pocatello, Idaho. (Exotic! All the way across our state line! Lol.) So we all went down to St. George for her church service and lunch. It was really nice and I always enjoy being around Jaki's family. I've known them since I was 10 years old.
On our way home we took a little scenic drive on the Kolob Canyon loop. We have a national parks pass and don't use it often enough!
It had been 60° in St. George, so Madelyn wasn't happy about the big drop in temperature up here. She'd been begging to get out of the car and stretch her legs but was almost crying after about one minute of being outside in the wind.
We saw some wild turkeys on the way back down. I've seen them in Zion National Park before, but never up in our area.
Both kids fell asleep in the car--they almost always do after excursions to St. George. I love non-typical Sundays.
No comments:
Post a Comment