Sunday, February 10, 2013

My little valentines


I was not very happy with the pictures I tried to take of Madelyn on her baptism day--things were just too hectic and I didn't have the time to do it properly. So a couple of weeks ago, she put her dress back on and posed for me in my bedroom. I would have loved to have been able to take them outside....but not so much when it was only 12°F.

 She chose to wear the flower crown I made her a long time ago. It's what she wears when she's pretending to be Alice in Wonderland.
 
 It wasn't long before Luke found out what we were doing and decided to barge in.
 
 I said, "Let me see how handsome!" and this is what he did. Haha.


 Without her cardigan on, you can see how puffed the sleeves were (this dress was from 2001, remember...my little sister wore it at my wedding)

"Puffed sleeves are so fashionable now. It would give me such a thrill, Marilla, just to wear a dress with puffed sleeves."

 "...Anne felt that life was really not worth living without puffed sleeves."
 -Anne of Green Gables

 I love this one. ♥

I love those two kids!!

3 comments:

The Mursets said...

So cute! Glad you got to do a little photoshoot :)

Carolina mama said...

Wonderful photos of your beautiful children. I am glad that you made the time to take them.

Summer said...

Adorable kids and pictures. I don't know how you can live in 12 degree weather! We've been in the 60's for a few weeks now, and will be in the 70's this week - does that help? :)