Here we see the super secret hiding place he found for our Rock Band drumsticks. A few weeks before Christmas, we had been playing Rock Band when one of the drumsticks mysteriously disappeared. We turned the house upside down and couldn't find it for a month. Mark finally found it when he took the drums apart and turned the poles upside down. Out came the drumstick!
Luke apparently thought it was a good trick and so yanked the drum heads off to hide it in there again when he made me get the set out the other day.
He also chews on them (the drumsticks) so they're covered in teeth marks. This is why we can't have nice things.
Here we have his favored eating area. He can no longer be bothered with the kitchen table or high chair, because if he sits at the counter, he can then watch Netflix at his leisure and spill food all over the floor and encrust the computer mouse with all manner of sticky things he has on his hands. This picture does not do it justice.
He also likes to lie in sunny patches, like a cat.
This is a squirt bottle that I got from Smith's and love so much that I bought several others last year. Actually, the real reason I bought several is that Luke grabs these every chance he gets and sucks the water from the nozzle and chews on them, and then squirts everything in the house. He had just broken the handle clean off of a new emerald green one I had earlier in the day. >:|
He had been quiet in his room for a while, which is never a good sign.... I found him filling up the empty puzzle spots with little pools of water with the squirt bottle.
...and drenching his bench and his Sesame Street play set (which might be plastic but is covered with paper stickers on the inside)
Luckily I caught him before anything got too damaged.
We got his potty back out to see if we could get him to use it again, but so far all he's used it for is to store toys and to leap off of when the lid's down. He steadfastly refuses to use the potty or wear his undies again. He was all the way trained with #1 a few months ago. WHAT GIVES, SON???!
A new favorite pastime of his is to find the flimsy wire hangers in my closet, rip the plastic tip off with his teeth, and then mangle them.
I'd decided to just pick up at the end of the day, so that he won't trip over everything on his nightly excursions from his bed to mine. I put surplus toys into storage regularly but they seem to breed and multiply somehow.
Look who just woke up from his nap! I love his just-woken-up face and rosy cheeks.
He always has to come find me to snuggle for 20 minutes before he's ready to resume his dubious undertakings day.
Look how huge he's getting!!
If Madelyn's development was any indication, I have about another year of him acting like a complete rascal. She turned a corner around age four.
But then again, Luke's been running around chasing her yelling, "I exercise!!" buck naked for the past half hour. I hear maturity comes later for boys.....
5 comments:
What creative mischief.
I successfully commented on your wonderfully amusing blog. Yay!
He keeps you BUSY!!! Good thing he is so cute, haha
Hopefully when he starts preschool you will get a break!
That's why I'm so anxious for him to potty train, so he can go to preschool!!!
3 year olds!!!!! How do you like your etsy shop? Positives/negatives?
Post a Comment