Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Eeeek!

If you're not already super excited about the movie Les Misérables that's coming out in December, here's the first trailer that's been released. Gives me chills every time I see it. Definitely dragging the husband/sisters/girlfriends to this one.

The Utah Shakespeare Festival here in Cedar City is also doing a stage production of it this summer, and tickets are already selling out. I saw an off-Broadway company do the play in Salt Lake around ten years ago (and it was amazing) but nowadays when they do the show, sometimes all it consists of is people standing in front of a line of microphones and belting out the songs. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing a more "real" film version of the story.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

One of the best stories of all time. Sacrifice, forgiveness, distrust, justice, mercy - all the good themes. And I even like the stand-in-front-of-the-microphone-and-belt-it-out versions. The music is simply incredible.

Michelle said...

Okay, I'll watch the trailer again :) SO excited for this movie!!!!!

Jen said...

The best Christmas Present EVER! Eeek is right.

The Mursets said...

I. CAN'T. WAIT. You know one of my dreams is to be in that play, right....love it!