Thursday, June 14, 2012

Catching up

Sorry, I feel like my blogging has been lame lately. Time to catch up! And since Luke has the most exciting life as any of us, here's what he's been up to.

Great-grandma Murset let him take this old truck home with us when we visited in April.

 He's constantly shoving toys into the front of it. A few days after he got a new set of alphabet magnets for Easter, about 18 of them mysteriously disappeared. I found them in here a month later, all stuck to the inside.


He's getting to be quite proficient at using the laptop. His favorite websites are netflix.com and pbskidsgo.org for all the kids videos.

 The other day, he found a long necklace and was using it to form letters.

 "It's a q!" (backwards, but still!)

 He loves putting stuff in the front loading washing machine. If something has gone missing, this is a good place to look. Sometimes I do a load of wash and find that some of his alphabet magnets were in there, stuck to the inside.

 He knows how to get a DVD and play it in his portable player by himself, which is rather handy for me!

 If you have headphones or ear buds in, he will come up, yank them off, and put them on.

 I found him happily eating the fish food the other day. YUMMY.

 
 This morning, he wanted to eat breakfast on the "The Up and Down." Madelyn used to call it "The Reach". Both of them have loved this step ladder like it was one of the family.

A couple weeks ago, Luke felt the need to smear my Clinique cream blush all over his belly. Again. It now has deep gouge marks from his fingers. Thanks, son!

 He also likes to pretend that the towel ring is a steering wheel. It is only halfway hanging onto the wall by now. I told you that he can climb up onto this bathroom counter all by himself, right? Even without a stool. He just grips his little toes onto the edges of the (closed) drawers and shimmies up.

I took the kids to the park last week. Luke was soooooo tired after running and sliding for an hour. He sat and zoned out in the swing for 30 minutes before I finally made him get out.

He has this inability to wait his turn in line. Say there's five kids in line for the slide. He'll duck underneath all of them, get to the front, and go down first. It's kind of a problem. He'll also stop halfway up, as he's butting in line, to turn around and chat with the kids, pat them on the head if they're smaller than him, or sometimes just sit at the top of the slide chatting and hanging out while the line gets longer and longer.

This is why I hardly ever take them to the park. Too many social rules to enforce. It's exhausting.

Here's some footage of him using a car window cleaner like a pogo stick this morning:



 We had cousins over to play on Tuesday! Nathan and Ava always make things fun. Madelyn almost forgot to be whiny that day.....

 That night, Mark and I had to go to a gala/fundraiser for the hospital. I had to buy a dress and everything because I had nothing fancyish to wear.

 It was at the Gilbert Great Hall in the Haze Hunter Conference Center at SUU.

 
 It was all posh. I hardly knew what to do with myself.

 Biology! (Mark majored and I minored in biology at SUU)

 I'm sad that the big stained glass wall was covered up for presentation purposes. Supposedly, it says "Learning Lives Forever", which is the university motto. The walls are covered in portraits (a lot of them by church artist Del Parson, who lives here) of important founders and alumni. Mark and I have joked that of the six colleges we've attended, this is the only one we actually have school pride for. (Well, also the U of U for me.)

 We had a scrumptious dinner caterered by Garden House, and I geeked out because three tables over was Fred Adams, Scott Phillips, Brian Vaughn and Melinda Pfundstein (the Founder, Executive Director, Artistic Director/actor and actress of the Tony Award winning Utah Shakespeare Festival, respectively). The whole place was packed with doctors, hospital board members, and other high-ups in the community. It was rather comical that we were invited with all those people. (Well, Mark is an affiliate of the hospital, I guess...he does work there at the nursery.) We ended up leaving before the auction started because we didn't have any money to auction with. Hahahaha. Maybe in like 20 more years.

No comments: