We headed down to Hurricane on Saturday after Mark finished working for the monthly Murset family lunch/birthday celebration.
Look what was waiting for us!
My sis-in-law Lori made Mark and Nathan this AWESOME Jabba the Hutt cake.
I am in awe. Truly.
She's already super talented, but in the past couple of years she's started experimenting with cakes. I am really really UNtalented with cakes. Epic fails every time I've tried a layer cake, and that's the truth.
Oh, well.
Then we went to go check out the new Hurricane splash pad, which was put behind the old elementary school where I went as a kid.
It's totally unfair that I had to grow up without this or a swimming pool in town. Kids these days have it so good....
After that, we went to visit Mark's mom and dad and aunt. It's Kathy's birthday the day after Mark's.
The kids always have fun hanging out at grandma's.
Then grandpa decided to take us all out to dinner at the local Chinese buffet.
Madelyn (who can eat half her weight in Chinese food) packed in her usual fried rice, chow mein, egg drop soup, shrimp, clams, won-tons, crab legs, watermelon, root beer and ice cream. That girl can EAT when she wants to!! She knows how to use adult chopsticks and is so proud that she is "part of China" (she's 1/8th, technically). I love that girl.
We're looking forward to more birthday celebrations this week (Mark turns 33 on Thursday) and then we're going out of town for my cousin's wedding. I can't wait!
5 comments:
Frank and Kathy's yard looks like a great place to hang out! I hope this buffet was better then the last one you went to!
I am so glad Mark and Nathan are both Star Wars fans....Lori's cake was awesome!
Seeing Madelyn at the buffet cracks me up. I am positive my kids would not try any of the seafood. Crazy Cake, looks very gooey. She did a great job!
M looks so pretty in that first pic!
Is that the buffet in st. george? I noticed they changed to chinese and something else, which I thought was odd. Are they still good?
No, this was Panda Buffet in Hurricane. I think the one you're referring to is now the Chinese/Mexican restaurant "Best Buffet" in St. George, and no they aren't good anymore. :/ We used to like it but last time we went we spent $30 and it was really disappointing.
Post a Comment