Friday, August 26, 2011

Matt & Jessica's wedding

8/20/11 was the big day--my cousin Matt Reschke (his mom and my mom are sisters) got married to the beautiful Jessica Jarman. So glad we got to be there! It was only a three hour drive from our house, so I would have felt totally bad if we didn't go. I can still remember Matt and my sister Maria as chunky babies playing at my Grandma's house in Taos. (Weird...)

WOO! Husband and wife!!

Draper, Utah Temple. It was just built a couple years ago in the foothills of the Wasatch mountains. The stained glass is awesome.

From there you could see two other temples across the valley--I could only fit the Jordan River Temple in the picture, but you could also see the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Click here to see how many temples are dotting one small stretch of northern Utah now. It's unbelievable!

Oh, and here's what the neighborhood looks like. Jeesh.

Here's a video of everyone at the temple--it is so cute and happy and I'M IN IT. Give it a watch!

I was a little bit disgusted at how beautifully this whole wedding and reception turned out. As in, completely jealous. Can I go back ten years for a redo? No?? Jessica's amazing wedding planner really pulled out the stops. The party that night was held at the Sundance Resort up in the mountains. It was rustic and vintage, classy but casual, and it was hands down the most fun reception I've ever been to.

We passed Bridal Veil Falls on the way up the canyon.

 These two looked ridiculously happy all day


 I DIED over her wedding flowers. This was a bridesmaid bouquet. Swoon!




The three loves of my life. Look at Luke! I LOVE THAT FACE!!!


The Yoder's Four (this was a bad angle for me.....oh well)

Maria and Emery

Then everyone started cutting loose on the dance floor. Ever heard "Yeah" by Usher? ....people started going crazy. Great dance track. My  six-year old nephew got in the circle and busted some crazy break dance moves.

 Me with my two gorgeous cousins--Matt's sisters Natalie (who lives in CO) and Rachel (who lives in FL). I love those two!! Wish I got to see them more often.

And last but not least, my photo booth pictures with Maria and Monica and the fam. Yep, I am a dork in all of them. But that's how much fun we were having.
Thanks for the great party, Matt and Jessica!! ♥

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Such great pictures! I know, that neighborhood was incredible. I'm pretty sure I saw Hogwarts castle up at the top of the hill. Isn't that video like, the cutest thing EVER!?!

The Mursets said...

I loved being a dork in those pics with you! haha

Maria Nielson said...

Ooooh my gosh, I'm still like telling everyone about the whole amazing trip and how jealous I was too! Haha, I put our photobooth pics on our fridge and laugh everytime I look at them. I don't remember the last time I've had so much fun at a reception!!! I was sad to go home...