But first:
Happy birthday to my fabulous mom!! (pictured with my niece Emery last month) We are all getting together tomorrow for a March b-day/family dinner shindig. Hope today is good for you mom! I ♥ U!
I was scrolling through my photos and realized that Luke has given me recent material for about 10 new
Messes of the Day
by Luke
Ready? Here we go. Item #1:
Busted!! Madelyn claims he was just trying to get to the toy at the bottom of the box. Uh-huh.
This happened on a morning when I had to take Madelyn to school because Mark was on call, and then I had visiting teaching at 9:00am (and yet I still stopped to take pictures....I'm focused dumb like that). I went to get Luke dressed and had a little pause...what is that all over his jammies??
ACK!
Then I discovered that he had smeared it all over everything in the general vicinity of his famous nail polish carpet stain. The boy is thorough! And it's a good thing that blush washes out of clothes and carpet!
Sucking on colored pencils (and then drawing all over his arms and legs) has become a favorite pastime of his.
He can do that because he knows how to unzip zippers on various pencil cases now.
Which means he also dumps out the 100+ sight words Madelyn practices for homework EVERY CHANCE HE GETS.
Going to wake up Madelyn in the morning...
Here you go!
After destroying my last phone via slobber and excessive button pushing, he was thrilled when my new phone had 3x the amount of buttons!
He's been texting and speed dialing people every time he gets his hot little hands on my phone. I had the front of it locked, but when he'd flip it open, it would unlock everything and he'd carry on unimpeded. Last night I finally figured out how to lock the keyboard, so now I have to input a 4-digit code every time I want to use the phone. (Annoying!!!) The numbers on the keypad and the emergency contacts don't lock still, but it's the best I can do. Good grief.
Then the other day, he changed our screensaver all by himself. We had a family picture there before, and next thing I knew, it was ♥Tom DeLonge♥ from Angels and Airwaves. I decided to keep it that way. I still have no idea how he did it (that picture must be in my archive somewhere...;)).
When he's not messing with our electronics, Luke gets his thrills via low tech methods:
...Dumping out his play food (several times daily)
Dumping out my purse (several times daily) and lately, unwrapping all the gum and taking little bites out of each piece. And when he's not doing that, he's putting toys, lotion and basically anything that will fit into his diaper pail, and yesterday I caught him putting my car keys into the kitchen garbage can.
*SIGH*
Messy nap hair
Messy piggy-back hair (thanks, son!)
He still doesn't talk, but he does nod his head "no" if he doesn't want something, and I swear he says "mhmm" if he does want something. Then yesterday, we heard him say "Bye" and wave (which he's never done before) to the cashier at Home Depot. We think he was inspired by all the time we spent looking at tools. He loves tools.
It must be tiring being Luke.
In other news:
We got some more snow dumpage last Saturday night. Our poor BBQ. When will it ever see the light of day? I'm hoping by the 4th of July...
The kids still think any and all snow is awesome. Luckily, this storm wasn't followed by three weeks of below-freezing temperatures like our last one...
Mark got us a new vacuum after having the same pieces 'o junk for nine years. He tried to buy me one for our anniversary and then Valentine's Day, but I told him that buying me a vacuum did not qualify as a romantic gesture. But we still needed one, so he finally just went and got it.
The box is constantly being clamored over by the kids. (And the vacuum totally sucks. In a good and very unprecedented way! Bahaha--I love using that pun.)
Madelyn's school celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday this week and she came home and read Ten Apples Up on Top from cover to cover all by herself! She's really catching on to reading.
(Still reading) She can never just sit on her bum like a normal human being.
Oh, yes! One more thing.
I bought paint for the front room yesterday! After a year and a half of waffling over paint chips--I fiiiiinnnnnallllly decided on colors and will hopefully get started soon. Although painting while Luke is around might be problematic. Okay, impossible. Is it his nap time yet???
6 comments:
Hmmm, good thing our little boy quotient will be doubling in the next week or two...
Good luck with that boy.
Oh no! not the makeup... My kids have only gotten in to eye shadow. I guess they like the sparkles... I take that back they love to put blush on with the brush.
I am excited to see your front room! I can't ever decide on paint colors either. I am already, ready to change my front room... Good luck with painting. I would watch Luke for you, if I was closer.
Replace your Clinique blush online but do it through Shop as Home and you will get 7% cash back. And a freebie sample. This post gave me a few chuckles.
I love your posts! Sooooooo funny! And I love that we were up in Parowan last weekend to enjoy all of the snow dumpage you guys got!
Love love love this post! (And I hope and pray Kaitlyn is not as busy as Luke) :)
you don't need new carpet you need Mark to put down more laminate :)
Post a Comment