Maria and Emery Nielson (2 mo.) 2/13/11
2/14/11
My cute little muffin niece Emery had her blessing day yesterday in Washington (UT). I'm so glad we got to be there. It was a special day for their sweet family.
Gorgeous, no? Parenthood suits these two.
I've never seen such an adorable little princess!! She borrowed Madelyn's blessing shoes and I made her bracelet, but that's all I can take credit for. The rest is all Maria and Shay and their good genes.
I wanted to smoosh her cheeks, but I never actually got a chance to hold her.
We attempted to take a family picture...hahaha
front l-r: Madelyn Yoder, Megan Murset, Maria and Emery Nielson, Carolyn, Monica, Ava and Nathan Murset
back l-r: Rich, Lori, Kevin and Hattie Murset, Shay Nielson, Melissa, Luke and Mark Yoder, Tyler Murset
Time to leave....(it was such a nice day! Sunshine!!)
My sister Meg driving?!?! Gah--I'm old. She's old.
Madelyn: "That's me with boogers coming out of my nose." (she has a cold)
Then we went to Hurricane to visit Mark's folks and bring a card and cookies to Frank, whose birthday is this week. We had a lovely visit, but...
We hit a deer on the way home. It dented in our hood and knocked something loose on the headlight, but luckily Mark wasn't going fast (we were driving through Toquerville) and by the time he slammed on brakes and hit it he was only going 10-15mph. The deer was limping but ran away. We felt bad for the poor thing.
Madelyn and I were kind of freaked out. Mark has been in about five other car vs. deer incidents, mostly back in NC. It was odd because about five minutes beforehand, we were headed out of Hurricane and I had this sudden eerie feeling like something was going to happen soon. We are taking a road trip this weekend and I had visions of us getting in a wreck or breaking down on the side of the freeway (which has happened to me more than once), so I said a little prayer for safety in my mind, and then nervously started asking Mark if he thought his car was in good shape. Then BAM! So you see? Say your prayers.
I will have a Valentine's post for tomorrow--and already Luke has given me some more spectacular material for Mess of the Day. Stay tuned....
3 comments:
Hahah! For a minute I thought I was reading Maria's blog...and then I read, "Gah- I'm old" and I was like, "Oh my gosh, she sounds just like Melissa!" And then I realized it was YOUR blog (didn't recognize it with the new layout...SO CUTE!)
How scary that you hit a deer! We did that once too, but our deer didn't make it. :( And it was in the middle of the night and it broke both our headlights so we had to drive to the nearest town in the dark! It was so scary! That's so neat about your forewarning, though. What a gift! You could be on X-Men! :)
Glad you were OK--other than being freaked out. I would have been too!
Emery looks beautiful. Still can't believe all her hair!
HOLY HANNAH! Tell Maria and Shay congrats for us! We totally didn't even know Maria was pregnant -- and now here she is with a gorgeous baby. What a special special day. Right before Valentine's as well!
Post a Comment