7/6/10
As you can see, we went to the lake yesterday. Me, being the Good Mother that I am, covered Luke with baby sunblock from head to toe before we left, and Luke, being the baby that he is, rubbed his eyes with his fists, got sunblock smeared in one of them and spent the next hour with a goopy, puffy, red watery eye. I know. Tally another point under the "Well meaning parenting maneuvers gone wrong" category.
Anyway, we finally got to Sand Hollow, set up the beach gear and then my brother and sister arrived with their families. We had a great time and as long as we stayed in the water, the 105* heat wasn't too bad.
So I forgot to bring Luke a swimmy diaper (the car ride down was 45 minutes--so I didn't want to put it on prematurely. They don't absorb liquid. Their function is to keep poop out of the water.) But Monica (aka Super Prepared Woman) came to the rescue with an extra. Thanks! Luke was hauling around 5 lbs. of water in that regular one...
Mark and Shay paddled out on our raft to go cliff jumping
(No, Luke didn't go with them...see reference above to me being a Good Mother.)
There were some polygamists on the spot next to us. They swim fully clothed in long dresses or pants and long sleeved shirts. They are nice people. There's tons of them in southern Utah.
Madelyn, Nathan and Tyler
Obligatory dorky self portrait
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun. It looks like it anyway. Happy late 4th.
Ha Ha! I love my face in that first picture...I am such a dork. We had fun yesterday, and hope you guys didn't get too fried!
Looks like fun! Love your new blog look.
Post a Comment