7/1/10Quote from a Newsweek article I read last week:
"One study found that simply having a husband creates an extra seven hours of housework a week."
How many hours of housework does each child create then? Is this why I can never get anything done? Is this why every time I do something other than clean all day, a pile of rubble four feet high accumulates in my living room?? Discuss.
Huh.
How many hours of housework does each child create then? Is this why I can never get anything done? Is this why every time I do something other than clean all day, a pile of rubble four feet high accumulates in my living room?? Discuss.
8 comments:
That doesn't explain a few things. That explains EVERYTHING! I think children, especially small children provide double or triple of that hourage per week. Maybe even per day.
i TOTALLY agree!!
I think everyone should clean up after themselves for a week and see who makes the biggest mess. In our house it's Hattie and myself, I think. Just because when I cook, I use almost every dish in the kitchen.
Yes, that is why! No need to discus . . . you hit the nail on the head!
I have been amazed this summer at the fact we (the kids and I) can clean all morning and then allow them "free time" only for them to mess it all up again. I thought having them help would help the messes. Nope!
I think it depends on the family situation. When we first got married I was working full time and going to school full time. Since Dave was only working full time, he did everything around the house (cooking, cleaning, laundry...). Now Dave's the one in school and working while I just work... so reverse roles!
But I must admit with it being summer and him being out of school, I do more house work than he does... but he does most of the yard work... so it all kinda evens out!
You just wait till you have kids.
Very true, but again it will be all about the balance! I'll be home all day and have a little more time on my hands than my full time working husband. :)
I'm really looking forward to that time in our lives. I never thought I'd be 28 with no kids and working, but that's life!
Post a Comment