Monday, July 26, 2010

Mr. Luke is 10 months old!

7/26/10

Yesterday, Luke turned 10 months old. I have been following him around with the camera for the last month so you could what a cute little stinker he is.

Weight: 20 lbs. 2 oz.
Length: 30 inches

Loves: crawling, pulling up to a stand, grabbing, pulling, poking, dumping, smearing, shaking, dropping, chewing, slobbering, shredding or otherwise getting into everything. Also, rolling over and crawling away as you're changing his diaper.

Favorite new foods: Baby Goldfish crackers, cheese, ham, yogurt, watermelon, pasta


Luke is still a pretty easygoing kid, personality-wise (unless he's teething--he's got seven teeth now), but during his ninth month he just got busy. He loves to explore and make a total mess. Every time I turn around, he's getting into stuff. I know it's just his age so I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it. Luckily, Madelyn more than prepared me for this type of thing. (As I write this, he is getting into the shredder basket...)

His shirt says, "Here comes trouble". Haha....oooooh, you have no idea.

Mmmm....used tissues he found in the trash....

He finally figured out how to crawl on his knees and is very speedy at it. He sometimes army crawls still, like when Mark's chasing him.

(He is extra precious when he's sleeping.) Carrying him in this thing is ridiculously hard--we need to switch him to a bigger car seat, but then it will disturb his naps. We need those naps...

Sabotaging the nightlights again

...and the laundry

...and my beads

...and the dishwasher

...and the books

Lunch aftermath

He loves playing with the kitchen stool and dust mop

Trash with dryer lint and Capri Suns with juice still inside?? JACKPOT!!

Sigh...

He feels the need to wipe his hands in his hair after he's done eating.

I used to donate my old magazines to the library, but now he rips the covers off of them. Thanks, son!

Look! A forest of electrical cords! Of course this is his favorite place to be in the whole house, yanking on everything.

He's always getting stuck in weird places....

Sometimes even he can't keep up with himself.

Kind of makes you want to get a 10-month old, huh? Or a hyperactive puppy. We are totally in love with our boy, though. I was laughing at these pictures as I was uploading them. I love you, Mr. Luke!!

7 comments:

The Vakautakakala's said...

wow!! he is a busy little boy!! luckily you can keep up with him!!

Rachelle said...

He looks so GROWN UP in that pic where he's standing by the dresser! Make it stop, make it stop! Babies are supposed to stay LITTLE!

Summer Wilson said...

He looks like a fun, BIG boy. Ava looks like that after she eats food as well. It's like cleaning up after a tornado 3 times a day with small snack tornados in between.

Katie said...

10 months went by quickly. He is adorable!

Michelle said...

Wow, that is pretty much what it is like at our house - to a T!!! We finally had to get a different garbage can for the kitchen - the garbage can is Kate's favorite things. There are so many things in there! :)

He is adorable!

Bell Family Blog said...

This post is hilarious! Love it! You sure have your arms full :)

Aut said...

Those pics are so cute!!