Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dibs, anyone?

7/14/10

Bleh--I am still trying to tie up a lot of loose ends around here. I'm exhausted. No thanks to this guy:

Uh, Luke--you've got a little something on your face.

He's cutting two more teeth and has been a clingy CRANKYPANTS (unless I give him Oreos--hey, it always cheers me up) for the past week and a half or so. He's not sleeping well, he wants to be held all the time and freaks out whenever I put him down. Don't you just love teething?? I'm glad I finally figured out what was going on so I could drug him up. Things are a little cheerier with ibuprofen and Orajel.

Anyway, I wanted to post the jewelry I made for the July Jamboree (and the pieces my mom contributed to the cause) before I haul them off to the consignment shop in a few days. I probably won't be putting any of these on etsy, so this would be your only chance to buy them from me unless you come to Cedar City. If you happen to be interested in anything, let me know and I can give you more specific measurements/prices. Or you can just let me know how hugely talented we are so that all of this will at least be worth a boosted ego or two.

Kidding....

My mom's collection:

Brecciated jasper/red jasper/sterling silver necklace and earrings

Thin brown heishi/turquoise/sterling silver necklace & earrings set #1

Thin brown heishi/turquoise/sterling silver necklace & earrings set #2

Thick brown heishi/turquoise/sterling silver necklace #1

Thick brown heishi/turquoise/sterling silver necklace #2

Turquoise/pewter/sterling silver necklace

Amazonite/pewter/AB* quartz/sterling silver necklace & earrings set

Amazonite/pewter/Czech glass/sterling silver necklace & earrings set

Sodalite/milky quartz/sterling silver necklace, bracelet & earrings set

Aventurine/smoky quartz/pewter/sterling silver necklace & earrings set

Mother of pearl/freshwater pearl/AB* glass/sterling silver necklace & earrings set

*The term "AB" is short for aurora borealis and means that the bead has an iridescent, rainbow-like sheen

My stuff:

Antiqued brass/copper faceted pearls/Czech glass/Swarovski crystal necklace

Triple strand turquoise/sterling silver bracelet

Turquoise bear fetish/sterling silver Italian box chain

Turquoise stretch bracelet

Liquid silver/turquoise/red coral necklace

Raspberry jade/rose pearl/Swarovski crystal/sterling silver bracelet

Magnesite/antiqued brass/coffee jasper bracelet

Aqua howlite/red jasper/silver tone bracelet

Sterling silver bali pendant/sterilng silver Italian box chain

Green crystal/freshwater pearl/antiqued brass bracelet

Turquoise pendant/sterling silver flat cable chain

Sterling silver rose earrings (I have two pair for sale)

Gunmetal/rhinestone/sterling silver earrings

Baby/toddler bracelets left: Pink/gray Swarovski crystal/sterling silver, Rose freshwater pearl/sterling silver/ Beige freshwater pearl/pink topaz Czech glass/antiqued copper
right: Padparadscha Swarovski crystal/sterling silver, (2) gold freshwater pearl/topaz crystal/gold tone (sold separately), Pink topaz Czech glass/topaz crystal/antiqued copper, Topaz/mahogany crystal/antiqued copper

Turquoise/sterling silver baby/toddler bracelets (sold separately)

Holy cow. Do you think someone around here likes turquoise and silver???? Maybe I need to branch out! One of these days, I'm going to make some more stuff, but hopefully not for a while. Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Your stuff (and your mom's) is SO CUTE. I really wish I wasn't allergic to metal (like, major hives severely allergic). Where do you get your stones/pieces to make the jewelry? It is seriously awesome.

The Yoder's Five said...

We get most of our stones from New Mexico and I get my silver and crystal from bluemud.com. I still have a huge stash of beads from when I lived in Albuquerque, so that's why I continue to make stuff.

The Yoder's Five said...

More specifically, you can google the websites for:
Thunderbird Supply
Mama's Minerals
New Mexico Bead and Fetish
Thomason Stone Supply

Or check out:
bluemud.com
artbeads.com
firemountaingems.com

And I get stuff from Robert's, Michael's, Jo-Ann's and Hobby Lobby, too.

There. You now know how crazy I am with the beads.

Kathryn M. said...

Beauties!