Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A few more things....

6/15/10

Jeesh, it seems like I've had nothing but marathon posts lately.

Monday was day four of the Yoder family reunion (we skipped out on day three on account of Mark getting home at 4:00 am and we were all bushed). Madelyn had her very first dance lesson Monday morning, so we thought it was important enough to let her go to it. She has been begging for lessons for years.

Here she is styling her new leotard and skirt the other day:
(click to enlarge)

She put them on as soon as we got them in the mail and wore them for the rest of the day. Doesn't she look ADORABLE??? I love seeing her in her own little Mirella dancewear. :)

On her way to her lesson

Warming up

She had the best time. I'm so glad that we found a class for her during the summer.

Then we had to scurry on up to Pine Valley, where the Yoder family was having a picnic. Unfortunately....our stuff in Cedar City took so long that by the time we got up there, everyone had already come and gone. We missed them by about ten minutes.

Madelyn had time to climb a big rock before we left, but that was about it. I felt bad--it would have been a nice place to lunch and visit. Luckily we live close enough to it that we can go back. So we just went back to Hurricane and hung out with the small group that was left.

Luke's new favorite thing is to walk around while you hold his arms. Aunt Kathryn was helping him out.
(I'm not ready for him to walk!!)

Mom and Pop Yoder

Luke and his cousin Kirsten

Madelyn hanging with Will and Jake

We've all had enough excitement to last for a few weeks--hopefully we'll get to have a long stretch of lazy summer days for a while.

2 comments:

Lauren F. said...

I have to say, Madelyn is definitely the best dressed of all of the little dance students. Prima ballerina in the making!

Katie said...

Looks like a FUN time at the reunion. Beautiful pictures. Glad Mark was alright.