A couple weeks ago, I was contacted by a gal who has opened up a new consignment shop here in downtown Cedar City to see if I wanted to sell my jewelry there. I figured I'd go for it since most of my inventory has been sitting in my closet for a couple years and anything would be better than the one sale a month (or less) I average on etsy. It's hard to get hits on an etsy site unless you're posting something new all the time, which I don't.
It's a good location for pedestrian traffic since it's just a block up from the Shakespearean Festival and Main Street Park, where they've got Groovefest, the Renaissance Fair and a bunch of other things going on all summer long.
Then when Mark came home today, he mentioned that a friend of ours is selling her hair bows in a booth at the July Jamboree event coming up soon, and that maybe I could make some baby bracelets to sell with her.
It's funny how stuff happens. I don't really want to be making tons of jewelry right now because it's a huge undertaking and I'm crazy busy as it is. But I've got the beads, the know-how, and I could use the money. I'll let you know how it goes!
(Someone check in on me in a week or so and make sure the Project Monster hasn't eaten me alive yet....)
4 comments:
Okay... so I HAVE to give you some advice about all this... because I have been in the SAME situations with vinyl. So you can take it or leave it. :)
First of all... you CAN say no. And I promise... it will be okay. LOL.
Second... The extra money is AWESOME!
For whatever. Car payment, power bills, ... home decor. LOL.
It's SO NICE!
Third... From what I can see, your jewlery is SO CUTE and You can DO THIS, if you want! It could be fun to see what potential you have with all this talent you have!
Okay... I'm done...stepping off my soapbox now. :)
Thanks for reading along at the House of Smiths!!!
~Shell
Congrats! That's awesome! I've always thought your gorgeous jewelry needed a shop to highlight it properly! Good luck!
Whoo Hoooo! Congrats :)
You should make a little stand with small hooks on it so you can hang the jewlery on them. It will take up space & draw people over to look & buy. (Like the jewlery sections in the store)
Congrats again Melissa, you have serious talent!!
Wow that is AWESOME! Good luck Melissa! It's crazy how good things can hit you all at once. I guess it's the same as the bad things lol. Go get 'em tiger!
Post a Comment