Get ready for a lot of dirty pictures! Haha.
The plan is to get some sod, plants, flowers, trees, a play area and some nice landscaping gravel back there.
A couple weeks ago we had a dumptruck of topsoil delivered...
Madelyn was in hog heaven.
This stuff you could shovel, so shovel Mark did...
And shovel and shovel and shovel and shovel.
He said, "My arms are killing me."
Madelyn helped. In her underwear.

Luke cheered daddy on
Oh, good she found some shorts...

Plop
Inspecting the hole for the dry well
The sprinkler project

We have water! And.....mud. Which of course caked onto everything and got tracked all over the house. I looove my back yard.
Pretty dang exciting, huh. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will have more to show you. Like some actual green out there. This "beige no more" project ain't just for the inside of the house!
And shovel and shovel and shovel and shovel.
He said, "My arms are killing me."
Madelyn helped. In her underwear.
5 comments:
AAAAAHHHHHHHH . . . looks SO FAMILIAR!!! I have to say, though. Dark brown mud is so much prettier than light brown (AKA BEIGE) dirt. Why, you ask? Because it means the sprinklers WORK! Oh happy day!
Good luck. Wish I could loan Mark our hot tub. It came in so handy . . .
Looks like lots of work. I'm sorry we couldn't come help, but we have lots of work ourselves. Yeah, I get to clean 23 bathrooms again today. Not really looking forward to that. Right now I'd take digging a trench in rock infested dirt over cleaning bathrooms. Oh well, to each his own. I'm glad you guys are debeiging, it's fun.
Nice hat, Mark.
I love the little wheelbarrel whatever it's called! Bleh, you're lucky it's cooler in Cedar! Shay wants a backyard so so bad!
It looks great! Can't wait to see more :)
Post a Comment