2/9/10Try to follow along here. It might help if you are a über geek like me.
Owing to the fact that we were struggling students for almost eight years, Mark and I (Frodo and Sam) have a lot of debt. We have been clawing our way up the side of Mount Doom (brutal "real life") for the last year trying to hold things together. It has been very hot, miserable, and tiring.
We wanted to get rid of our credit cards (the Ring). Thanks to Gollum (moving, graduation, buying a house, moving again, PA licensing, car repairs, baby expenses, etc.), this has been very hard.
We finally got rid of the dang thing and it was destroyed forever.
...But then the whole mountain blew up and we had to run for our lives and perch on this little outcrop of rock waiting for "the end of all things." Any minute we might fall into the lava (delinquency on our bills). We need help to get us out of this nasty situation.
We know that Gwaihir the eagle (a big, magnificent flying chunk of money from the government) is on his way to pluck us out of the inferno and get us back on our feet. We are clinging on and hoping he will come soon.And THAT is why our tax return taking four times longer than we expected is a big deal.
And while I'm at it...
I found this poster while I was looking for pictures for this post. I have to tell you, a grungy Aragorn just makes my day. Click here for a whole Aragorn gallery and have a happy time!
8 comments:
I HATE Gollum. He gives me the ultimate creeps. And he's gross.
Ah... Lord of the Rings. I cherish the day I finally watched them. I am reading them now.
i'm an uber geek. but you know that. hang in there! a girl in our ward got $16,000 back for her tax return. here's hoping for you guys that it will get there SOOOOOON!!!! i'm just hoping we get like $200 back. but not counting on it.
yeah for tax returns!! i always complain when we have to pay them, but love the day when i see the amount we pay come back to us tripled!!
May the giant flying bird come and pick you up soon.
I loved the story Melissa. I had to grab a bag of chocolates and some milk while I read it. :) We still haven't done our taxes. :( I just received our last 1099...we will be lucky if we don't owe more than $300 to the government. I hope that eagle comes soon! You guys are cookin out there!
I know I was less than sympathetic to your tax return pain; I'm so sorry! Your family (oh, and Mark) has accomplished an amazing thing, getting him to where he is. As Jen said, may Gwaihir come and pluck you out of the inferno soon ;)
Oh, how I love getting money back!
Post a Comment