Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! Especially to my three sweeties!
This is a really good brownie mix. I even like it better than homemade. I make it in place of dinner a couple times a month and we all go to chocolate heaven. I add walnuts because I think everything is better with nuts. I usually get it at Wal-Mart for $2-3. I wish I hadn't just finished eating the last batch.
I also pig out on these! A lot. I got spoiled in New Mexico with fresh tortillas, and these are the only things that have come close to the texture and taste that I remember. I was so excited when I found these at Wal-Mart and Smith's. I think a package runs around $2-4, depending on the size. They cook up in a minute in your frying pan.
I am a smell person. You might be one yourself. Somewhere along the line, Victoria's Secret usurped Bath and Body Works as my favorite place to shop for smelly lotions, body washes, sprays and lip gloss. You've got to try everything in their Secret Garden collection. Vanilla Lace, Sweet Temptations, Berry Kiss, Pure Seduction, Love Spell...
...and Candy Baby by Beauty Rush (also by Victoria's Secret). Smells like cotton candy--it's absolutely divine. That and Slice of Heaven, which is like vanilla custard. And guess what!! Everything's on sale!!! Click here to take advantage! Secret Garden stuff is 8/$35 (ends Monday) and Beauty Rush is 3/$25.
Okay, so this I like for its moisturizing capabilities and not for its smell. In fact, I prefer the fragrance free because the original smells like men's cologne. But you know how at some point during the winter you realize that your hands have turned into lizard hide? This fixes that. It heals and softens and isn't greasy or oily. 'Tis fabulous. You can get it at grocery stores for $5-6.
This is my secret mom weapon. This is the reason why my children's clothes don't have stains from every diaper leak and food spill. It's a "heavy duty laundry bar soap" and it means business. You have to take it to the sink and use a little elbow grease, but it absolutely works wonders, even on old stains. AND it's less than $2! Look at Smith's or Lins--I haven't found it at Wal-Mart. I've gone through half a bar just this month alone. Thanks, Luke.I have naturally wavy hair, which means that on any given day when I let my hair air dry (or even better--sleep on it wet), I wind up looking like Robert Plant circa 1970.

I am not about to drop $15 for a bottle of salon shampoo, so I usually just buy whatever is a good deal at the grocery store. I can get a presentable looking head of hair if I blow dry it straight, but my latest foray into cheap shampoo left me very depressed indeed. That is, until I discovered this:
It says on the back you can compare it to Sebastian Laminates shampoo and conditioner. I've used almost every version of Suave before with underwhelming results, but I can honestly say I noticed that this left my hair slippery smooth! I still have to style it with a blow dryer, but the texture is much improved. It's less than $3 to boot.
And I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before, but my favorite band Angels and Airwaves just released a brand new album today called LOVE and you can download the whole thing for FREE! (Are you so excited you're going to pee your pants?? I am!) Their last album, I-Empire, is some of the best music I've heard by anyone, and I can't wait to hear what else they've come up with.
Click here to download!!! Thanks for making my day, guys! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
3 comments:
Mmmmm, brownies. And I would also like to give a shout out to the makers of Felsnaptha....AWESOME!
I will have to try that hand cream for my nasty winter hands.
Oh, I have to try that shampoo, my hair is getting super nasty (not quite as wavy as that lovely picture, but much frizzier), and I've been living in a hat for a few weeks. It would be nice to find something that would help smooth it a little.
I love the uncooked tortillas. My friend that also lived in New Mexico had the same story of not being able to find good tortillas and introduced the uncooked ones to me as an ok substitute.
I also love that brownie mix, how funny that you have that for dinner... I tend to do that alot. Eat leftover dessert for every meal until it is gone. It has to be one of the few perks to being an adult and a mom.
Post a Comment