Friday, November 13, 2009

Chunky Monkey and the Wiz Kid (my 200th post!)

11/13/09

Well, haven't I been a busy little blogger! 200 posts since I started last April. Geez, you'd think I have something better to do.

...Nope, I guess not.

And what better way to commemorate than putting up a million pictures of my kids (which is pretty much what this blog is for anyway). Here's my chunky monkey Luke:


We took him to the doctor yesterday to get a rash checked out, and he weighed 10 lbs. 10 oz.!!! (Well, 3 oz. of that was a wet diaper. We weighed it.) That little man is almost the size Madelyn was at three months, and he's only seven weeks! Who's feeding this kid?!

Madelyn has been a great big sister, even though she's been usurped as the center of attention in the home. She loves to hold Luke and so far hasn't dropped him, feet in the face notwithstanding...

She is learning so much in preschool. I can't take credit for much because before she started, she knew her alphabet and numbers (thanks to Sesame Street, most likely), colors, shapes and a little counting but she couldn't write. Now she can write her name, look at words and spell out all the letters, and one day I came into her room and she recited the whole Pledge of Allegiance. She likes to hold a flag while she says it.


Although she isn't getting into mischief nearly as much as she used to (THANK GOODNESS), she is still Little Miss Personality.


Kids. They make life so interesting and messy. And now, seeing that it's 2:30 and I'm still in my jammies, I had better go see if I can shower and get dressed so I can finish the laundry and try to see if the living room floor is still there underneath all the toys. Wait...the baby just woke up. There go my next two hours before he lets me put him down again.. Oh, well. Who needs personal hygiene and a clean house anyway?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Love all the fun new photos. Adorable!

Megan said...

Madelyn is going to be such a graceful girl. Long arms, long legs. When she is older she is going to be the envy of everyone in her ballet class!

Chelsea said...

Such cute kids!!! I can relate to the messy house and not having enough time in the day to shower! :)
You've got to read On becomming Babywise...It's hard work doing what it says to do, but TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

The Vakautakakala's said...

I can totally relate to being in your pj's after 2:30!! I don't think my hair has been free from a ponytail since Mana was born, no time!!

Natalie said...

So cute! I can't believe he weighs 10 pounds! Oh I just want to hold him!!! I love the pink flower, by the way. It looks great on her! :) Hang in there, you're doing a great job, Melissa! ((HUGS))

Liz said...

Very cute pics! Preschool is great for so many reasons! Love the little break!
Also, It does get better...at least it did until I got prego, and now we are back to square one. We usually get dressed by 4pm sad...