Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sleep...

....zzzzzz

....zzzzzz

....zzzzzzz

....zzzzzzz

....wow, mid-string cheese, even

....zzzzzz
10/13/09

...Too bad I'm not getting some. Mark, Luke and Madelyn seem to be logging in their 7-16 hours a day, but unfortunately, I'm too OCD to nap when my to-do list is hanging over my head. Today I ventured out early to take Mark to work, then went visiting teaching, took Madelyn to preschool, went to the gas station, Medicaid office, the grocery store, picked up Madelyn, went to the credit union to open a savings account for Luke, then back to pick up Mark at work, and then to the auto parts store (he is replacing the axles in his car and it is currently disassembled in the garage). I don't exactly enjoy rushing around like that, so I'm dreading the day when I've got older kids who need to be ferried to a kajillion different activities all the time.

Happily, Luke only had one major clothing change involved while we were out! Today it was poop everywhere at the grocery store. Yesterday, he threw up the contents of his entire bottle all over himself while we were at the dentist. Last Monday, he had two wet diapers leak while we were running errands. That was bad. I may have to start carrying around even more spare outfits for him (and you wonder why you see all those mothers schlepping around 100 lbs. of stuff like a pack mule).

The only other noteworthy thing lately is that my cutie patootie but ill-fated sister Maria and her cutie patootie husband Shay finally got to come up and see the baby. She was going to come up to Cedar (she lives in St. George) the day after Luke was born, but she had a mishap after she had some blood drawn for insurance and passed out, hit her head, got a hefty concussion, and lost some short term memory. Thankfully she is OK (after a lot of vomiting, headaches, and a CAT scan), and so Luke got to meet his Auntie Maria at last.

I dunno...these guys' future kids may end up being even cuter than mine. They both came in to watch me give Luke his first real bath and saw me flounder with his little slippery self like I was some sort of amateur. Which I kinda am because it's been so long since I've had a newborn.

Lastly, I am putting up this video because my cousin Chris in Texas won free tickets to see U2 in concert last night with her husband and I am raging with jealousy! GAAAA!!!!! Mark and I saw them back in 2001 and I think it's safe to say that it was one of the epochs in my life. Here's what being there is like: (only slightly less awesome because nothing quite compares to the real thing. And you'll need to watch it full screen and turn it up really loud.)



Anyone wanna offer to babysit and/or pony up some money so I can go to their Oct. 20th show in Arizona? Anyone?? I'll bring you back a t-shirt...

6 comments:

The Mursets said...

It is official...YOU NEED A BREAK!!! Let me know when you find the time. j/k It will get better soon! See you soon!

Katie said...

We'll watch your kids if you make it down here :) Those are adorable sleeping pictures. I hope you are able to get some rest!

Rachel said...

Melissa, lay down and have a nap, girl! I promise, with #3 you stop caring about anything but getting the sleep, but until then you need someone to tell you to rest. So, I'm taking it upon myself: sleep, sister, sleep! (Now to your cuties: let your mommy sleep!)

Loved the post, especially the sweet sleeping pictures and commentary. Even with my baby being almost a year old I'm not getting as much done in a week as you do in one morning :)

Kathryn M. said...

Ahhhh....The joys of motherhood. One thing I wish someone had told me was when you have a boy point their private down when putting on the diaper. I almost went crazy trying to figure out how my darling little guy could be totally soaked but have a dry diaper. With girls you just don't have to worry about that. Keep that spare outfit on hand at all times!

Chris said...

Wow, were did you find that video? It was so close to the actual thing! The only difference was he had us repeat "I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy" a million times.
Although I had a blast at the concert I'd much rather clean up poop from all over a store if you know what I mean :)

things we love... said...

Oh my gosh... the sleeping pictures are sooooo darling!!!! Also I will totally come watch the kiddos... I wear a large shirt and you have to promise a mosh pit on behalf of me!!!!