Forgive me for shouting, but MARK WILL SOON BE EMPLOYED! In a CAREER! A real, paying, bona fide career with a SALARY and BENEFITS and everything. WOO-HOOOOO!
He has been offered a permanent position as a Physician Assistant at Premier Pediatrics (click on link for website) in Cedar City, UT where he is currently doing his 8th and final rotation. His preceptor Dr. Dowse wasn't planning on hiring anyone right now, but he liked Mark so much and thought he'd be such a good fit for his practice that he didn't want to let him go. We love Dr. Dowse (he's been Madelyn's pediatrician since the day she was born) and he has an excellent office. We're so excited.He'll start May 5th and it looks like he'll have every Monday off (!) and he'll work the night clinic every Wednesday. He'll work one Saturday a month and will be taking after-hour calls from parents with questions one week a month in addition to being on-call for the nursery at the hospital. He'll get quarterly bonuses after the first year, and his vacation time will increase to up to 4 weeks a year if he stays on for 3 years. We'll get health insurance, malpractice insurance, continuing education funding and money for a cell phone, and a signing bonus. (Wow, I'm enjoying having something to brag about...)
Hopefully he'll be full-time, which is 32 hours a week, and we'll find out his salary amount today or tomorrow. We will be moving to Cedar City 50 miles north sometime in May or June, and we'd like to get into a house if we can.
After over 7 years of going to school and never knowing if we'd see the end, the end is finally near. Just thought I'd share the good news!!!!!!!!!! So if you live in Cedar City and have kids age 0-18, he'll be accepting new patients in May. Just request PA Mark Yoder. :)
18 comments:
HOT DOG! That's so cool. I am happy for you guys. Don't freak about the boards. They aren't too bad.
Hayden
NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!! That is sooooo AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you. I love Dr. Dowse's office. I still call them to ask questions. That is an amazing office. AND you get to be in CEDAR CITY. We love Cedar city. Congratulations Mark! All of your hard work has finally paid off. We envy you.
How EXCITING guys! I bet it's so nice to finally see all of the hard-work pay off. It really is such an exciting time for you. We're so happy for you!
Happy b-day this week :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Seriously that is so awesome Melissa. I am sure Doctor Dowse will be as great to work with as he is with kids. I still wish he was my kids Pediatritian. Anyway, I won't be seeing you this week, between the weather and the fact that Kelty just threw up all over the kitchen, I am not going anywhere. I am suuupper bummed.
Yay for you guys. But don't you want to know how much you'll be paid before committing? Maybe it works out to $7/hour plus benefits.
After being in the hole for so long, I don't really care. But Mark gave Dr. Dowse the national averages for salaries for people like him, and it's more than $7/hour.
Yahoo, congrats!!! Hopefully soon you'll hear us yelling too :)
CONGRATS!!!!!!! That is very exciting - and I hope you can get into a home too. We are so excited for you guys!
CONGRATS!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you guys!! I am sooo jealous that you are moving back to Cedar! I always BEG Husband to move me back there!!! CONGRATS!!!!
I guess that's okay. But I'd rather he found something here in Hurricane. I mean, really. I can't be driving to Cedar City to deliver granola, now, can I?
That is so great! It is nice to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Dr. Dowse is awesome, he was my kids Dr too and we miss him. I love Cedar City, it is funny that you guys are ending back up there. Who knows maybe we will live close again, Cedar City is definitly one of our top choices to live. Congrats you guys!!
Congratulations!!! I can't even imagine how excited you must be to see the hard working starting to pay off!
WOOOOOO WOOOOOO! I told you... the end would come! CONGRATS to you guys! So happy for you!!!
Congrats!
What a blessing! I am so happy for you guys!
YEAH!! Sounds like a great job! What a relief it must be to KNOW your future :) Congrats!!
Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news . . . except that it's in Cedar, and I still haven't hung out with you yet.
Oh, I'm just so excited for you guys, this is the best!!
Post a Comment