Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stuff I'm into right now

3/15/09

Lately I've had blogging conundrums, but then it dawned on me that I should record the things that I'm grateful for, have been obsessing about, and/or have generally been taking up my time.



Cute sandal season at Target! (Hey, I didn't say they were deep, existential things...)


It's a really good album. Taylor Swift (and her hair) have spent 11 consecutive weeks at #1 and Fearless has already gone triple platinum. We're rather fond of this teeny bopper here at our house.


So I watched it twice this week and dreamt about it even more. So what. You must give the movie proper time to appreciate the witty dialogue and try to decide whether you think Mr. Darcy is handsome and why on earth they made Keira Knightly look so darn grubby and plain (well, not in the above picture, but for 97% of the movie). I'm guessing her incandescence would have blinded everyone had she been looking like her normal gorgeous self. Oh, yes, and the director had a desire for things to look "real." Psh.


And on the same note (young actresses with high cheekbones and thick eyebrows), I got Funny Face from Netflix and am also planning on watching it a second time today. What's not to love? Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, singing and dancing all over Paris and a to-die-for wardrobe by Givenchy! Next I'm going to get Roman Holiday and My Fair Lady.

Question: Why is the sublime Audrey always paired with ugly old trolls (in comparison) to be her love interests?? I guess Gregory Peck is an exception, but still.


Chinese food. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... I'm thinking I need to figure out how to make fried rice so I'll always have a constant supply.


Spring blossoms. I love the colors, the smell, the fact that their arrival means winter is over, and their general girlishness.


OK, I love my family, too. (especially Tyler--there, are you happy? Haha.) The picture of the big Dodge truck and exhaust pipe represent my brother Kevin. That's Maria launching Madelyn into the air on the "tramp" just outside.

Speaking of spring blossoms and Maria, we have plans to go take some of her bridal portraits in a big flowering orchard tomorrow. I'll give you a sneak peak soon....

PS. You should try listing the things you're grateful for sometime. It helps take your mind off your everyday blahs.

PPS. My b-day is in 11 days! You can go ahead and get my presents and cards in the mail so I'll get them in time. ;)

7 comments:

Nadia and Jeremy said...

i have a delicious fried rice recipe. i'll send it to you. AND i got your birthday card yesterday. i will send it soon.

i love the new pride & prejudice. it's one of my favorites. i've always thought mr.darcy is hot...but you know that i kind of always go for the longer haired guys. i also love jane. i think she is so gorgeous. i always love her hair.

miss you guys!

Katie said...

Will you pass the above recipe along? :)That picture made me hungry for some chinese too.

The Mursets said...

Where are the pictures of us?!?!

Liz said...

Melissa, we can't go to Bajio if I come down, We have to hit the Pub it is open again after the fire (I sure hope it is). So I might actually be down there the 23-25, so I may be able to give you your present in person. I want to come down and play while Adam is in LA. Let me know if you want to hang out.
Also, I tried to by the white sandals for Kelty at Target, but she refused them. She had to have a wedge shoe, what a girly girl.

Jen said...

Ugly old trolls. Hehehehe.

I too love the blossoms this time of year. And your family.

The Yoder's Five said...

Ty,
See post from 3/7/09 for pictures of you. If you were AROUND here 24/7 like the rest of the family, then perhaps I'd have some more to post. When was the last time you had pictures of me on your blog, eh? EH???

Project Maniac said...

I have a Fried Rice recipe, but I'm guess the famous cook Nadia's is much better so I will also have to get a copy from you. I normally don't really enjoy the blossoms but this year I have noticed them more and they make my soul happy. Thanks for sharing.