My sister Maria got engaged yesterday!!! The lucky guy is Shay Nielson, who has been dating her for over a year. We have been waiting for this for months and months. Maria had, ahem, grown tired of waiting and so had already bought herself a wedding dress, reserved her reception site and temple date and started buying decorations for her reception. But now we can move forward to June 5th unimpeded.
Here's the cute couple:
This was taken a few months ago. Eventually I'll wrangle some photos of the engagement moment from Shay.When we got the happy news yesterday, I decided to surprise her and decorate her room with hearts, roses, crepe paper, balloons, lights, chocolates, confetti, a card, a sign on the door and three fat wedding magazines.
So congratulations, little sis! You found yourself a good guy. Thanks for giving me the chance to plan your wedding, because you know how much I enjoy it.
I'll be in Albuquerque all next week, so you'll have to do without a new post for a while. I know, it will be nearly tragic for me also. So I'm off to go pack and clean the house.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I'll be in Albuquerque all next week, so you'll have to do without a new post for a while. I know, it will be nearly tragic for me also. So I'm off to go pack and clean the house.
Happy Valentine's Day!
9 comments:
Hooooooray!!!!!! (shouted from the roof tops)
What a beautiful ring & adorable couple.
CONGRATULATIONS Maria and Shay!! What an exciting time :) You are such a wonderful big sister. Decorating her room was a very cute and thoughtful idea.
So confused- No one told us about the date being moved...
Congratulation Melissa's sister! Even though we don't know you it is still exciting. Cole is going to Albu without me and 2 of the kids. Kendal and him are going tomorrow:( Sorry that we won't get to meet up, but in 2 months we'll see eachother...@ graduation!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great sister you are. You are such a thoughtful person! Congrats to Maria!
Congrats to your sister! Really your whole family is so pretty! Good genes!!!! I just want to keep Madi, she is to die for!!!! We miss you guys! Take care!
You're so sweet! We're soooo excited for them! She's going to be such a beautiful bride, I can't wait!
Penelope's birthday is June 5th. It's a good day :)
I love that ring! It is amazing. you are such an awesome sister. I love how Madelyn is checking to make sure it's real. she is so dang cute. Have fun in alb. We will be visiting Bob's sister there on March 1st. We will be just missing each other. just like when you moved to Utah and we moved to AZ. oh well. have fun.
Post a Comment