Thanks for all your helpful comments from my last post! They will be very useful for our talks on Sunday.
Well, we had an interesting Monday. Madelyn had to get some dental work done, and since she was far from the model patient when they were taking her x-rays last week, they decided that conscious sedation was the way to go. So I had to bring her into the office in St. George at 6:45 am, and there was even a patient there before us, poor thing. At around 7:20 the dentist came and gave Madelyn a shot in the leg, and after five minutes she was like a limp noodle and cross-eyed, so he took her back, hooked her up to nitrous oxide, and I had to stay in the waiting room (probably a good thing). They were done pretty quickly and even though she was awake for the whole procedure, she didn't make a single peep! Miracle drugs, I tell you.
Anyway, I had to go into a little room to hold her while she came around afterwards, and it took a while but gradually she noticed that I was there and gave me a very drunken smile and "Mommmmyyy" greeting. It was hard to see her all glazed over with her eyes twitching and everything, but then it was kind of comical because she was so loopy. She kept saying "Twoooo" to me and holding up two fingers, then telling me I should only have two eyes (she was apparently seeing double), and then Mark came in to see her before work and when he picked her up she kept saying , "We're going for a ride!" I guess the room was spinning around her. She was also swatting at an invisible bug in the air and managed to "catch" it between her hands... Mark thought it was so hilarious. She slept on the way home and then for another couple hours, and then she was fine. Of course then everyone had to tell us their stories about coming out of anesthesia and acting like a loon.
In other news, Mark is meeting with Dr. Prince today, who is looking for a PA to work with him in the orthopedic clinic he works at in St. George, which also involves a lot of surgery. Mark was so excited to find out about that opening. That is exactly the job that he had been dreaming about, and we are so fortunate that he has met people with connections during this past rotation. So I'm very anxious to see if Dr. Prince is willing to wait for Mark to graduate and be licenced, which won't be until the end of April. Just imagine---a real, paying job!!
It's been a while since I've posted some random pictures:
Her first (professional) hair cut. Her hair has finally thickened to the point where I can't cut it very well anymore, and Amanda (who works with Maria) was able to blend in the still-choppy locks that Madelyn cut off herself last August. Look at the tears running down her face, though! Poor girl was scared, but she held very still.
Now it's off to see to the laundry and all the other things I should be doing right now. Catch ya later.
7 comments:
Nice post. I hope Mark can get that job he wants.
good luck with the job opportunity!! won't it be a fabulous day when all of our husbands are done with school!! that's one thing we miss about our cedar city ward, we were all in the same stage of our life so we could all relate!!
Isn't amazing how the Lord knows all & he puts us where we need to be when we need to be there. I hope this job will work out! It sounds like the best rotation yet.
AND I am sooooo out of the loop. I can't believe little Maria is even thinking about an engagement. How exciting!!!!!!
Wow! So much going on. Love all the cute pictures!!
I love madelyn's little poses. She is so cute. Good luck on the job. I really hope he gets it. Bob would die for a job like that. He really likes ortho. I can't believe he is graduating in April. By the way, I love your blog. You always have the coolest things to blog about.
I love how Madelyn fell asleep on the chair. Classic. I have to comment on Hattie's hair, it looks almost bleached. Adelyn has also learned the tissue trick the past few weeks!
Oh my gosh, that dentist experience is just soooo funny! I wish I could have seen it! I should probably take my kids to the dentist...hmmm. Oh, and I love the flowers! It's gonna be a gorgeous reception!
Post a Comment