I've had insomnia lately, so I end up lying in bed thinking of new things to post on here. Ever notice how hard it is to go to bed when your spouse isn't home? As a natural night owl with no one to tell me to go to bed, I end up doing stuff into the wee hours of the morning. The other day I was watching videos on YouTube and next thing I knew, it was 2:00am. So I grudgingly went to bed, but then Madelyn woke up and kicked and thrashed for hours in my bed with a tummy ache or something, and ever since then I haven't been able to wind down and get to sleep at night.
ANYWAYS...last night I was pondering life lessons. You know, the things you learn the hard way over the years. Here's some examples: (Let's hear some of yours!)
- 1 1/2-year-olds will think nothing of putting things down the overflow drain in the bathroom sink. (You know, that little hole near the top?) Keep a hawk's eye on your $2,865 diamond engagement ring. And resist the urge to take a sledgehammer to the sink, because you can get the ring out by unscrewing the pipe under the sink, once your husband comes home from work and you stop hyperventilating.
- Buttermilk sandwich bread tastes really gross if you have just brushed your teeth.
- If they are on carpet, spiders don't always squish the first time.
- If you have a small baby, never leave the house without a diaper bag, even for 5 minutes. You are asking for a diaper-related catastrophe to occur.
- Try to avoid the Manzano post office on Juan Tabo and Heines at all costs.
- Realize that even after you're accustomed to your small child using everything as a balance beam, other people will still be alarmed.
- Compromise: if your 3-year-old can't decide between being a fairy princess or a corpse bride for Halloween, buy her a friendly witch costume.
- Children will eat nothing but condiments during meals if given the chance.
- Sand in the diaper won't come off with wipes. Use baby powder.
- Let your husband play video games, because he has stress in his life, too.
- If you are trying to take a picture of your daughter, and you have a klutzy moment and trip while you're crouched down, try not to let the lens on your camera take the brunt of your fall onto the concrete curb. It will break!
On the plus side, now I can justify getting another one, because this old one's #1 feature was that it was so slow that it drove me insane every time I used it. I called Mark and told him, and he thankfully understands that there is NO WAY I can wait until Christmas to get a new camera. ("What about my blog?!?") But alas, I still have to wait for him to come home next week to get it because he does not want to be deprived of the chance to go to Best Buy.
Soooo, until I get a new camera, or I use my film one, I won't have any new pictures to post. I guess I could pull photos out of my vast archives, OR....
I could just post another pic of cutie-patootie, golden boy Michael Phelps, who continues to amaze me at how down-to-earth and nice he is. I saw him Monday night on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and I'll give you the link to it, because you really just want to take him home in your pocket after you see this. I don't know how a 6'4" 195 lb. Olympian can be so heroic and yet so adorably modest.Check it out.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes/#vid=638544
4 comments:
Camera loss=serious tragedy. I hear ya on the diaper bag truth.
Yesterday Madi put a plastic necklace down the sink in the bathroom. I was in a panic thinking I really can't afford a plumber. Then I got a great idea and used a hanger to get it out.
I can understand the insomnia thing because I suffer from it a bit all because of my work, but I don't understand how you would make it through the day with a child. I think I may have to rely on lunesta when that time comes along. I'm sorry about your camera, but I think I would be acting the same way all in hopes for getting a new one:)
All soooo true! I think I just may have an accidental fall and break my camera, too. Ha ha ha, all these husbands this week are going to be like "Honey, what the heck happened to the camera?" Ha ha ha!!!
Post a Comment