Mark came home yesterday. Hurrayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the longest 5 1/2 weeks of my life. Well, to tell you the truth, it wasn't all bad. I hardly had to do any laundry, cooking, dishes or grocery shopping while he was gone. I could stay up however late I wanted, go shopping a lot, and I didn't have to share this computer.
However, having to deal with Madelyn being sick for two weeks, then me getting sick, then Madelyn getting sick again, getting lost in Las Cruces, having a dead car battery, not knowing how to reprogram the DVD player, putting up with Madelyn's shenanigans 24/7 without any relief, and coping with an early miscarriage (I was 5 weeks) all on my own was something I'd rather not have to do again.
So for the time being, we are back together as a family. Mark's next rotation is here in Albuquerque doing surgery, but after that, he has to relocate once more to EspaƱola, 90 miles away. Then we'll be moving back to Utah. So it will be a busy fall coming up. I can't believe our time here has gone by so fast!
Anyway, Mark just completed his 4th rotation in Silver City, NM doing OB/GYN. He was working with Dr. Nwachuku, a Nigerian who has his own practice but also is head of surgery at the local hospital. He is a really nice person and Mark enjoyed his time working with him. He helped deliver two dozen babies and also assisted with surgeries--C-sections, tubal ligations, hysterectomies, ectopic pregnancy, cancer and exploratory surgeries. He loves surgery and is excited to be doing some more of it soon. He has always been good with his hands.
Madelyn decorated this cake for daddy. She used orange gel piping, four kinds of sprinkles, and Halloween sugar bats, spiders and witches. She is SOOO excited to have him home!Well, here is when I'd be showing you more pictures from our week, (the ones shown were taken a while ago, or with my film camera) but I still haven't replaced my recently mangled digital camera, so you'll just have to take my word for what happened:
- An incident involving Madelyn (in her jammies) sitting in the bathroom sink with the water going, and about 10 soggy mellocreme pumpkins...
- A baby powder free-for-all in Madelyn's room. She looked like a Geisha girl, she was so white
- Followed by a bath in the kitchen sink (why not?), which is now her favorite place for baths
- Madelyn attempting to "fly" on her new plastic and tinsel witch broom
- A car battery so dead (from having left lights on in the car--Madelyn likes to see what she's doing at night when we're driving) that it took two different battery chargers, a neighbor's Cadillac, two sets of jumper cables, 6 tries and a half an hour to get started again
- We registered as Democrats

4 comments:
I can see why your so happy that Mark's home! Were do you get all your cute backgrounds?
The surgery rotations sound fun. I told Bob about them and he is excited. I bet it is so nice to have your hubby back. He looks so happy in the picture with Madelyn. So sorry to hear about your misscarrage. That must have been sooooo hard to go through with Mark gone.
I'm so sorry that you had to go through a miscarriage alone, and especially on the day you and Maddie went to Silver City. I'm so happy that Mark is home now and just love the photo of him and Maddie and the decorated cake.
You survived those long weeks! I am so sorry about your miscarriage, and all the sickness you and Madelyn had to go through..... I was shocked when I read about all the surgeries!! PAs get to assist in surgeries? what?! Oh my goodness! I may have just got motivated to take the GRE, and go be a CNA for 300 hours or so... I've been wanting to get into the OR room for some time, and I have been thinking about enrolling in a surgical technology program... Time to start searching, thanks for a informative post!
Post a Comment