Day two of our California trip was spent at Knott's Berry Farm theme park. True, our hotel was right across the street from Disneyland, which is my favorite place in the world, but the hotel and medical conference were already setting us back $1,600. And in case you haven't heard, park hopper tickets for one day at Disneyland/California Adventure are now $150 PER PERSON. Knott's was *slightly* more affordable at $45.00 per person. For crying out loud, people.
Anyhoo, all I really remember about that day is that it was like walking around in a freaking sauna. 90+ degrees and 88% humidity. We were dying after the first five minutes and had to stop into a gift shop to get into the A/C.
There is no humidity in southern Utah to speak of, and therefore I am a huge wuss when it gets that muggy. To be fair though, it does exacerbate my heart condition when I get overheated and can't cool off. It was really uncomfortable and I felt like I couldn't breathe.
Madelyn was extremely grouchy and didn't want to go on any rides at first. Too hot! So after the first ride, we went and stripped her down to her undershirt and that helped.
Isabelle was a trooper but I felt bad for the poor baby! Mark and I had to take turns holding her while the other stood in line with Luke and Madelyn for rides.
Luke has fun in whatever weather.
Yes. Exactly.
I am a huge fan of carousels with weird animals. I rode on a rooster but wish I'd gone on the ostritch. Or perhaps the goat...the pig...the rabbit, or the cat like Madelyn.
After about 6 hours, we decided we'd had quite enough fun and went back to the hotel.
But not before buying (yet another) pop gun for Luke. I was holding his hand when we walked by this shop and he literally went *YOINK* and dragged me over there.
Then we got overpriced Dreyer's ice cream because we felt we'd deserved it.
Mark and the kids cooled off in the pool and ate s'mores, and everyone took a shower.
At least the kids always sleep well on vacation!

2 comments:
I'm a humidity wuss too, which is why we try to visit Texas family only in the winter. On the plus side, a chest cold all but disappears in Texas because it's like living inside a humidifier.
Um, holy big bucks, Disneyland!
Prepare yourself for the humidity here when you come for the reunion! I've been running each day since the spring and some days it feels like I'm breathing the ocean-it makes it so much harder to get motivated to run!
Post a Comment