Sunday, June 1, 2014

We survived another school year!

I was pregnant during this entire school year, so needless to say, it wasn't my favorite. However, the kids did really well!

 
Luke has grown a ton in the last month or two.

 
First and last day of preschool!

   
 Preschool graduation was on May 22nd.


They had Luke demonstrate how he knows the notes on a keyboard. This preschool is in a music store/studio and focused a lot on music, instruments and composers.

 
Miss Cami, Delaney, Luke, Jacob, Forrest, Cheyanne, Clark and Miss Jolene.

 So proud of my boy! Isabelle was 8 days old at the time. It was one of her first outings.

 Isabelle's first outing (besides her 3-day checkup) was when I had to take her to the school to meet with Madelyn's teacher and principal when she was 7 days old. We set up a 504 plan for Madelyn to make some accommodations for her ADD next year. Basically, she'll just be allowed more time to finish tests, a quiet place to test, be allowed to use the bathroom whenever needed and will sit at the front of the classroom. Nothing drastic, but I think it will help.

Isabelle livened up the meeting by chugging a bottle, burping loudly and then pooping even louder. Everyone was so enamored. Anything newborns do is cute.

 First and last day of 3rd grade!

 Getting a ride to the bus stop on Mark's scooter (which he is selling, which she is sad about).

 An entry in her school journal. "Welcome Qq! I Love you sooooooooo much Qq! You are soo cute. I will share rooms with you when you get a crib. I hope that you will be a millionaire someday. Love Miss."

She sure does love that baby. Here she is telling her about her birthstone, the emerald.

She is still doing great riding her bike, other than getting her legs scraped up.

 This is a picture she drew of Lumpy Space Princess from the cartoon Adventure Time. 

I forgot to mention, but the first thing Luke said upon arriving at the hospital to meet his baby sister was: "Oh. My. Glob." (which is a classic Lumpy Space Princess quote and quite hilarious)

This is a little book signed by everyone in Madelyn's class, saying nice things about her. My favorite one from her friend Amber said, "You have hope in everyone in the world."

Also note the illustration of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

It's been such a relief to not have homework every night!

 
 It's been a week since we've seen Tiger. We sure miss him and hope he comes back! Our summer won't be the same without him.

2 comments:

Carolina mama said...

You sure have adorable kids. I'm very proud that Luke knows the notes on the piano keyboard, and that he talked in front of the parents at his graduation! I hope Tiger shows up.

Rachelle said...

Yeah, why isn't it cute for the rest of us to guzzle and burp, among other things?