Friday, May 2, 2014

The home stretch

 37.5 weeks!

 It's been about three weeks since a pregnancy post, and I am in full panic mode! Hurray!

I had an OB appointment yesterday, and Dr. Sanders asked if I'd like to be induced next Wednesday at 38.5 weeks. I was like, "UM, YES." But then he had to ask permission from "on high" (the government, who regulates these things now) and it was not approved. Sigh.....

My heart condition is such now that when I have an episode, instead of the usual 120 beats per minute, it often gets up to 150. And it happens several times a day. After I take a shower, it takes nearly an hour for my body to stabilize again. When I went to my appointment, I had just been in the shower before that, so I was still dizzy and my blood pressure and heart rate were all over the place. It sort of worked out in my favor, because now I'm pretty sure that at the very least I will be induced at 39 weeks, which is in TEN DAYS. (May 12th)

Hence, the panic. I feel like I need to be ready anyways, because Luke came on his own at 38.5 weeks and I'm already dilated to a two. I have been nesting like crazy, cleaning and sewing and shopping, washing her clothes and blankets, etc. I have stockpiled enough supplies and food to last the baby-pocalypse. I am still not 100% ready, but I'm getting there. But for some reason, people feel like telling me that it's "not a big deal" if I don't have everything ready, that it will all just "work out" even if I don't have a place for her to sleep or clothes for her to wear or clean bottles by the time she comes, or arrangements made for the other kids. (??!????) Well EXCUSE ME for wanting to have some peace of mind during labor and delivery! People!

(They obviously don't realize that I am sort of OCD challenged anyway, even when I'm not pregnant.)

 QQ at 35 weeks

I had another ultrasound at 35 weeks. Everything still looks fine, except that instead of measuring two days ahead like she did in all the other ultrasounds...now she's measuring eight days behind, putting my estimated due date at May 27th instead of the 19th. Aaaack, nooo.....

During the last month in my previous pregnancies, my other two kids slowed way down in their growth, too. I was expecting this, and my doctor doesn't seem concerned. My fundal height is a week and a half behind, too, and I've sort of stopped gaining weight. My body is just maxed out.

And yet I have random people telling me all the time, "You don't look miserable enough to be done yet!" (Actual quote from a middle aged man in my ward.) (Spin 25 different versions of the same comment.)

Thanks.

Actually I am feeling quite big and awkward and slow and tired and sore and sometimes very miserable. Aside from the heart issues, my hands and feet are swollen so that my wedding ring and several pairs of shoes don't fit anymore. And so many lovely spider veins! My inner thigh muscles have never been so sore. If I sit for more than 20 minutes (doesn't matter if it's a hard or a soft chair), then my deep hip muscles and ligaments seize up and I can't even stand or walk, and I get shooting sciatic pains. I have to hobble around, bent over like the Hunchback of Cedar City. My tailbone and hip sockets are completely out of whack. Sitting in church for 3 hours is a nightmare!! I think I will go one more time and then excuse myself... Also, because of all my near fainting nonsense, Dr. Sanders is recommending an epidural this time (to which I heartily agreed) and told me to hustle to the hospital as soon as anything happens, so we don't have another Luke situation on our hands.

So now that the baby swing is set up, her things are washed and my bags are on the verge of being packed, reality is setting in. I won't be pregnant forever, and for that I am extremely grateful! Now who wants to come be a surrogate mom for my other kids while they finish their last three weeks of school???

2 comments:

Heather Wells said...

Well, the fact that you are still taking pictures of yourself means that you are not miserable enough. You look so great! I can't believe you are just about done. Man, pregnancy goes by so much faster when it is someone else! Good luck. I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby!

Rachelle said...

I can't wait!!! You do look lovely, but I'm sorry you're so miserable. I really think 30 weeks is plenty long enough to be pregnant, IMO. Too bad our babies aren't cooked enough at 30 weeks... BEST WISHES FOR A SMOOTH L&D!