Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Sunday/family pics


After church on Easter Sunday, I forced everyone to come out in the back yard for family pictures. We used a tripod for the group shots, and thankfully we had nice overcast skies. I love my cute family!

Earlier, the kids ate about 3 lbs. of candy each and played with their new toys. We also finally got around to dyeing our eggs.

 The front row is Luke's (he insisted on dipping his last egg into every color of the dye, so it's black) and Madelyn's are on the back row--one of hers was cracked already and so the pattern came out looking like a sunburst (or the eye of Sauron, depending on how you look at it).

 
 The kids got new Play-Doh and a dozen different tubes to squish them through. They kept Luke entertained for a long time.

 Here's the rest of the pictures I took. I love how they turned out! Luke did have a vest and tie on and looked extremely dapper for about 10 minutes in the morning but he took them off at church and then threw a HUGE fit when we got home because he wanted to take the rest of his clothes off. (Because his natural state of being is half naked....) He wouldn't wear the new shoes I got him, either. He'd make a good child model if it weren't for that minor detail of him not liking to wear any clothes.

 Look at that dimple!

 So handsome!

 I can't believe how big they both are--ages 9 and 4 1/2.

 Madelyn looked so pretty in her new dress and sandals--in her favorite color--and her new haircut and glasses.

 And here I am looking big and pregnant at 36 weeks. I was super exhausted that day. On top of all the partying (and cleaning, and cooking, and traveling), our cat had run away that weekend and I was losing sleep worrying about him. We did eventually get him back--that is a whole other post to write about!


Next Easter, we will have an 11 month old baby in the pics! Crazy!

5 comments:

Project Maniac said...

He could always be an underwear model.

Project Maniac said...

I guess that would only work when he is grown up. Not a child underwear model. Oops.

The Yoder Family said...

Super cute! Everyone looks great. I love your skirt!

Katie said...

Super cute family pictures!!

Kathryn M. said...

Wow! All my kids are older and I have a hard time even remembering to take pics. You all look adorable! The maxi is super cute.